S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds

Old 09-12-2006, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Super Slick & Suds is a very highly concentrated car shampoo with extra-ordinary lubricants, sufactants and suds to safely remove dirt and grime from a well maintained vehicle without stripping off wax or sealants. It is pH neutral (7) and between a 1/4 and 1/2 ounce will do a vehicle or two. Super Slick & Suds is also free rinsing makes drying a breeze.

Price:
$14.99 (32 oz.) $39.99 (1 gallon) @ Autogeek.net

Packaging Info:
I bought the 32 oz. size pictured above. It has a nice flip spout top and the typical black & white simple Poorboy's label.

Color/Scent:
SS&S is a VERY thick liquid, orange in color, and smells orange-like.

How I used it:
I filled a 5 gallon bucket with 3 gallons of water, added 2 oz. of SS&S (per instructions) and then sprayed in one more gallon of water. I then added a grit-guard to the bucket and washed the car using a sheepskin mitt.

Thoughts:
Poorboy's SS&S is IMO hands down the best car wash soap money can buy. Sure there are other soaps which suds as much and clean as well, but no other soap and I mean no other soap that I have tried can match SS&S in the category of lubricity. Most detailing enthusiasts will agree that lubricity (sliperiness) is the most important aspect of a car wash soap. This is the factor that helps prevent marring during the wash process. Your wash mitt literally glides over the paint. It's amazing!! As a bonus SS&S is also more concentrated than most soaps and foams really well. My only complaint is the price which I feel is a touch high. Due to the high price, I mainly reserve this soap for when the car is noticeably dirty. When my car is only lightly dirty then I use a less expensive and slightly less slippery soap like Optimum Car Wash (new formula).

Before & Afters . . .
No pics on this one, but you can check out my detailing guide if you want to see what my car looks like dirty and then clean.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:07 PM

Another wonderful write up once again Mikey. I still have not tried the Optimum wash that I bought a while back. Im trying to finish off the Zaino I have left. I dont want to try it yet because im afraid I will like it too much and just waste the Zaino. hehe.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

havent used it, but its on my short list of "need to tries"-
great review!!
Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by YZER,Sep 12 2006, 05:07 PM
Another wonderful write up once again Mikey. I still have not tried the Optimum wash that I bought a while back. Im trying to finish off the Zaino I have left. I dont want to try it yet because im afraid I will like it too much and just waste the Zaino. hehe.
I haven't tried the Zaino wash (Z7?), but the Poorboy's and Optimum car wash soaps are definitely the two best I've ever tried. I've tried just about every OTC car wash soap and many of the "boutique" soaps as well. These two are a serious cut above the rest.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

been away for a while

I'd say Z7 is no better than any other run of the mill car wash. Certainly not worth the price ($78/gal?). I haven't tried the PB or Opt washes, but I mistakenly ordered some HiTemp Bubble Suds (or something, I forget the exact name). The scent is powerfully soapy but the lubricity is intense! Not sure of its potential for wax stripping, but at ~$15/gal I'll happily use it.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 PM

welcome back anime.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anime how much was bail?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:35 PM

Ive been very happy with all the poorboys products that ive used (natural look, leather stuff, spray n gloss, nattys paste wax). I need to try this one though because I have yet to find a soap that I like.

good review!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by animeS2K,Sep 12 2006, 11:11 PM

been away for a while

I'd say Z7 is no better than any other run of the mill car wash. Certainly not worth the price ($78/gal?). I haven't tried the PB or Opt washes, but I mistakenly ordered some HiTemp Bubble Suds (or something, I forget the exact name). The scent is powerfully soapy but the lubricity is intense! Not sure of its potential for wax stripping, but at ~$15/gal I'll happily use it.
I've heard good things about the TOL Bubble Bath soap. It's cheap too.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 PM

i just got a bottle of PB SS&S and it had a lot of sediment looking stuff on the bottom. when i shook it up cleared up a little, but i don't think it was as clear as the picture above. anyone else have this happen? i haven't used it yet on a car.

Quick Reply: Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds