S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Poorboy's Spray & Wipe

Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poorboy's Spray & Wipe

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Spray & Wipe is a waterless car wash you can use as quick 15 minute solution for your dirty vehicle. If you have heavy dust or road spray, simply wash with Spray & Wipe without dragging out a bucket or hose. Just spray on and wipe clean. Does not contain any wax or abrasives.
-USE IN SUN OR SHADE
-JUST SPRAY & WIPE
-WILL NOT SCRATCH
-HAS NO ABRASIVES
-HAS NO WAX
-SAFE FOR CLEARCOATS
-SAFE FOR ALL PAINTS
-USE IN THE SUN
-USE ON GLASS
-USE ON CHROME
-USE ON CONVERTIBLE TOPS
-USE ON POLISHED ALUMINUM
-USE ON WHEELS
-USE AS YOUR CAR WASH
-REMOVES DUST, DIRT, WATER SPOTS, ROAD GRIME, FRESH TAR, SAP & BIRD
DROPPINGS

Price:
$7.99 (16 oz.) $11.99 (32 oz.) $30.99 (1 gallon) @ Autogeek.net

Packaging Info:
I purchased the 32 oz. bottle pictured above. It features the typical Poorboy's black & white label with clear directions. Both the 16 oz. & 32 oz. bottles come with sprayer heads.

Color/Scent:
Like many, many other PB's products S&W is blue (blue is the favorite color of Steve on of the PB's owners). Also, like many other PB's products S&W has a very pleasing scent. I believe S&W is actually bubble gum scented.

How I used it:
I simply spayed it on and wiped it off with a plush microfiber towel.

Thoughts:
When shopping for a QD it's important to keep in mind what you intend to use it for. IMO there are 3 categories of QD:

-waterless washes which are for cleaning only
-gloss enhancers which clean and enhance paint glossiness
-wax/sealant boosters which typically have little cleaning power, but do extend the life of your wax/sealant

S&W is in the waterless wash category and is probably my favorite QD. I wash & wax so often that there is really no place in my arsenal for gloss enhancers or wax/sealant boosters. So, I have a preference for waterless washes.

S&W does a tremendous job cleaning any surface you spray it on. It never leaves streaks behind and it provides so much lubricity for cleaning it's ridiculous. I've used many, many car wash soaps that did not make the surface this slippery. When you use S&W you really feel confident that you are not instilling any marring due to the huge amount of lubricity it provides. Also, it smells great which is always a nice plus.

Personally, one of the areas I feel S&W excels at is residue removal. Sometimes, the surface is left a little streaky after polishing because some of the polish oils are still left on the paint. No amount of buffing with a dry microfiber makes these streaks disappear. It just recreates the marring. This stuff makes short work of any streaking. This is especially useful when detailing black cars.

I know a lot of guys on the detailing boards who are hobbyists, but have bought 5 gallon drums of S&W because they like it so much. Me, I'll keep ordering it but I use it only when I need to as IMO it's a rather expensive product. I would never waiste S&W by using it as a clay lube.

Before & Afters . . .
Sorry no pictures on this one.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats great!

looks like a solution for the several folks who have posted up that they do not have access to water cause they live in apts

also looks like a qew type product?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Aug 7 2006, 01:23 PM
thats great!

looks like a solution for the several folks who have posted up that they do not have access to water cause they live in apts

also looks like a qew type product?
I'm not sure I would say that I would use S&W to clean my whole car regularly, but it's probably because I just can't wrap my brain around the concept of using no water what so ever to wash a car. Personally, I feel more comfortable using a rinseless wash for that purpose.

Rinseless washes are slightly different from waterless washes. Waterless washes you use like a QD. You spray it on and wipe it off with a MF towel. Rinseless washes (like QEW) are more like traditional car wash soap. You mix it in a bucket with water and wash the car with a mitt. Except instead of rinsing off the car after washing you skip directly to the drying process.

You can mix some rinseless wash soap in a spray bottle with water and use it like a waterless wash, but S&W is a far superior product when used in that manner.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:48 PM

Just tried this stuff on a couple nasty bird gifts and S&W was 10x better at getting the stuff off then a regular QD (used meguiars previously). The poop literally just slides off the paint onto the MF unlike meguiars QD which sometimes require more effort.

I can definately see why people have gallons of this stuff. The lubricity is amazing.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:24 PM

I need to get some of this stuff, anyone else out there using this to wash their cars with, Should i just be spraying it on the car then wiping it off with a towel or a MF towel is that all that needs to be done?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by racerfan,Nov 7 2006, 08:24 PM
I need to get some of this stuff, anyone else out there using this to wash their cars with, Should i just be spraying it on the car then wiping it off with a towel or a MF towel is that all that needs to be done?
I don't know if I would say necessarily anyone is using this product to wash their cars. It's more for light clean ups between washing. I wouldn't use it on a particularly dirty car as you'll likely scratch up the paint.

Anyway, I would definitely use the thickest, plushest MF towel you can find with this stuff. Spray on and wipe off and you're done.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:10 PM

I just used it again yesterday (only 2 days after a fresh detail ) and the bird poop literally just slid right off. I barely touched it with my QD towel.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Nov 7 2006, 05:31 PM
I don't know if I would say necessarily anyone is using this product to wash their cars. It's more for light clean ups between washing. I wouldn't use it on a particularly dirty car as you'll likely scratch up the paint.

Anyway, I would definitely use the thickest, plushest MF towel you can find with this stuff. Spray on and wipe off and you're done.
So I shouldn't be trying to use it to clean my car in the rainy and cold season in my garage
Old 11-08-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by racerfan,Nov 8 2006, 01:55 PM
So I shouldn't be trying to use it to clean my car in the rainy and cold season in my garage
I think a rinseless wash like QEW (I'm selling some in the for sale forum ), Optimum No Rinse Wash, or DP 4-in-1 would be a better solution for that.

Typically, I use a rinseless wash and PB S&W in conjunction during the winter to clean my car in the garage. Before I wash each panel with the rinseless wash I give it a light mist of S&W for added cleaning power and lubricity.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:54 PM

Dang, I just want something to spray on and wipe off cause I'm damn lazy right now, usually I wouldn't be, but the rain and early sunsets are killing me.

Quick Reply: Poorboy's Spray & Wipe