S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Poorboy's Spray & Rinse

Old 08-06-2006, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poorboy's Spray & Rinse

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Spray & Rinse is a professional grade acidic blended product for the quick and easy removal of brake dust and road grime from most wheels. Just spray it on a cool, wet wheel, let it set for a few minutes and then use a steady hard steam of water to remove. No bending, NO scrubbing, No brushing required.

This product can be used on clearcoated, painted, chrome, and even plastic hub caps, but should NOT be used on uncoated wheels without dilution and spot testing, or hot wheels. For maintainece of wheels, Spray & Rinse can be diluted upto 50% or 1:1 for quick and easy clean up of sealed and well cared for wheels. Use of protective clothing, gloves and goggles is advisable.

Price:
$14.99 (32 oz.) $39.99 (1 gallon) @ Autogeek.net

Packaging Info:
I purchased the 32 oz. size bottle pictured above. It's the typical Poorboy's bottle with a very simple black & white label and good clear directions. It also comes with a chemical resistant sprayer.

Color/Scent:
S&R is an orange liquid with a strong citric acid smell.

How I used it:
While diluting S&R 1:1 or 2:1 seems to be quite a common practice on the detailing boards, I typically only use it on neglected wheels so I chose to always use it full strength. The S&R was sprayed liberally on the wheel and allowed to dwell for 40 seconds or so. Dirtier areas like the barrel of the wheel were scrubbed with a brush and then the wheel was power washed.

Thoughts:
First, I want to say this product is an EXTREMELY strong cleaner. Meguiar's Wheel Brightener and Poorboy's Spray & Rinse are two of the more powerful cleaners that I own. S&R contains chemicals which can stain certain surfaces. Only use this product on clear coated, painted, or chrome wheels. I also suggest you only use this product sparingly. Using S&R as your regular wheel cleaner is complete OVERKILL and probably over time not terribly good for the wheel. However, it does work extremely well to restore neglected wheels to a like new state. Now, on with the show . . .

S&R is a very powerful wheel cleaner. It is extremely easy to use and does a very good job restoring neglected wheels. It truly is a spray on, hose off product. Also, it is a citrus based cleaner so it's not anywhere near as bad for your health as strong HF acid based cleaners. The downside is it eats away quickly any wax/sealant you've put on your wheels. Also, S&R tends to clog up spray heads. So be sure to empty out the sprayer after each use.

S&R is not quite as powerful as some other acid (but non-HF acid) based cleaners such as Meguiar's Wheel Brightener. However, it is much more powerful than non-acid based cleaners.

All around it's a powerful wheel cleaner. But for my money Wheel Brightener is more powerful and much cheaper.

Before & Afters . . .
Sorry guys no pictures on this one.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good review- i dilute these products by rinsing the wheels first...
still gotta be really careful with any acid based cleaner- do only one wheel at a time and really make sure it doesnt dry!
i would also add to try a non-acid based cleaner first.
the acid based (including citrus) cleaners are great for really tough spots, like baked on brake dust.