S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Plexus not preventing window cloudiness---Help!!

Old 06-03-2001, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car really doesn't sit out in the sun too much and I wash it once a week and use Plexus every other wash. I do notice that between Plexus applications the window does seem to get cloudy on both the inside and outside. Is this normal? Should I be stripping the Plexus off every now and then to prevent this build up? Anyone know of a way to avoid the cloudiness?
Old 06-03-2001, 12:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jallen1217
[B]My car really doesn't sit out in the sun too much and I wash it once a week and use Plexus every other wash. I do notice that between Plexus applications the window does seem to get cloudy on both the inside and outside. Is this normal? Should I be stripping the Plexus off every now and then to prevent this build up? Anyone know of a way to avoid the cloudiness?
Old 06-03-2001, 12:50 PM

I do it every other wash because I'm worried that it will somehow build up and turn yellow or something. Am I nuts for thinking this? Should I just go ahead and use it more often?
Old 06-03-2001, 04:17 PM
tnt

Is it cloudiness or is some of it caused by scuff marks from the roof well? How are you washing the window?

Scuff marks can be avoided by something like a Muz mat.

I started using Plexus about three weeks ago and reapplied it this weekend. I haven't noticed any cloudiness so I don't think it is Plexus - only time will tell

Tony
Old 06-03-2001, 04:35 PM

I have ordered the Muz Mat but don't have it yet; I have a folded bath towel in the roof well now and the cloudiness looks more like a fog than scuffs. I wash with a clean wash mit while spraying water over the entire window. On the inside of the window it appears to be a flim that can be removed by just running my finger over it but on the outside, my finder won't make a mark in the fog. I should note that once I reapply the Plexus it looks great for a while but doesn't last too long.
Old 06-04-2001, 04:23 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 139 Likes on 87 Posts

The film cane be removed with a diluted (very diluted) mixture of an orange citrus cleaner and water. Then follow up with Plexus.
Old 06-04-2001, 06:07 AM

Thanks Jim, I'll give that a try with my next wash.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would also try plexus to remove the film... really dont think you can use it too often-
Old 06-04-2001, 09:18 AM

I've found that the Meguier's plastic duo (one's a scratch "remover", one's a cleaner) to be a useful addition to my Plexus regimen. I use the Plexus every wash, but periodically hit it with the Meguier's. Not on any sort of schedule, mostly when I think it needs it. The Meguier's (appears to be the same stuff as the 3M products, by the way, but easier to find) is a LOT more work, but seems to last longer before it needs to be done again.
Old 06-04-2001, 10:11 AM

Yep, I have the cloudy/filmy stuff on my window too. You can really see it when the sun hits the window.

Plexus does not take this off. I use plexus everytime I wash it and it does not remove this film.

Quick Reply: Plexus not preventing window cloudiness---Help!!