S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

over 500 wackos on this board--

Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default over 500 wackos on this board--

one of the largest organized groups on the site-

congrats wackos!!!

-------
(anyone who is reading this, but who does not yet have a badge, just post up pics of your clean car and pm me for your badge- we are #2 and we try harder!!)
Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEET

So, who is #1?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, let me say that I think the W&W forum is absolutely awesome. I love hanging out here and I enjoy helping people out with detailing information, teaching myself new tricks about detail products, and looking at the results people get when they post up some great looking pics. This is such a fun place to hang out because of the awesome admins like Wanabe, thanks for taking the time to maintain such a cool place.

Amidst all this I'm a little confused why we give out W&W badges so easily. No, I'm not saying that we should be a group of elitist bastards who brag out having our badges. But, I've seen plenty of posts recently that didn't qualify for Wacko status at all in my mind. There have been plenty of fuzzy cell phone pics and people saying "I just went to Autozone, bought some soap and washed it, can I have my badge now?".

I also don't think we should give out badges based on pics that aren't an S2000. I realize this is a public detail forum. But, it's a public detail forum on an S2000 website for S2000s. This isn't Autopia, so if someone posts pics of a nice Lexus and asks for a badge I'd be asking to see some pics of their Wacko'd S2000 before I ponied up W&W Wacko status. 500 members doesn't mean a whole lot if they don't own an S2000 to participate in the other group activities on the site. It'd be like me going to a Corvette detailing forum and wanting a Wacko Corvette badge just because I cleaned up my S2000 and thought it looked nice.

I'm not complaining here, just giving my opinion on all those recent badges being awarded. I just wish the Wash and Wax forum was a little bit more careful about who they gave the badges to. Part of the reason why I find this forum so useful is that it takes a huge amount of generic detailing info that can work on any car, and makes it specific and unique to the S2000. It's very easy for me to go here and figure out, thanks to the many S2000 Wackos, what does and doesn't work on the S2000. We've essentially taken a really broad subject (auto detailing) and narrowed it down to a specific car, so when I do make a decision to buy a product for my car I'm confident that I'm making an informed, knowledgeable decision based on the experience of other S2000 owners. This is why I like to see those W&W badges stay with S2000 owners.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Yea who's #1? THE EJ's?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by crazys S2K,Jul 13 2007, 12:01 PM
SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEET

So, who is #1?
y0u rea11ly don't know??!!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by 90crvtec,Jul 13 2007, 12:53 PM
First off, let me say that I think the W&W forum is absolutely awesome. I love hanging out here and I enjoy helping people out with detailing information, teaching myself new tricks about detail products, and looking at the results people get when they post up some great looking pics. This is such a fun place to hang out because of the awesome admins like Wanabe, thanks for taking the time to maintain such a cool place.

Amidst all this I'm a little confused why we give out W&W badges so easily. No, I'm not saying that we should be a group of elitist bastards who brag out having our badges. But, I've seen plenty of posts recently that didn't qualify for Wacko status at all in my mind. There have been plenty of fuzzy cell phone pics and people saying "I just went to Autozone, bought some soap and washed it, can I have my badge now?".

I also don't think we should give out badges based on pics that aren't an S2000. I realize this is a public detail forum. But, it's a public detail forum on an S2000 website for S2000s. This isn't Autopia, so if someone posts pics of a nice Lexus and asks for a badge I'd be asking to see some pics of their Wacko'd S2000 before I ponied up W&W Wacko status. 500 members doesn't mean a whole lot if they don't own an S2000 to participate in the other group activities on the site. It'd be like me going to a Corvette detailing forum and wanting a Wacko Corvette badge just because I cleaned up my S2000 and thought it looked nice.

I'm not complaining here, just giving my opinion on all those recent badges being awarded. I just wish the Wash and Wax forum was a little bit more careful about who they gave the badges to. Part of the reason why I find this forum so useful is that it takes a huge amount of generic detailing info that can work on any car, and makes it specific and unique to the S2000. It's very easy for me to go here and figure out, thanks to the many S2000 Wackos, what does and doesn't work on the S2000. We've essentially taken a really broad subject (auto detailing) and narrowed it down to a specific car, so when I do make a decision to buy a product for my car I'm confident that I'm making an informed, knowledgeable decision based on the experience of other S2000 owners. This is why I like to see those W&W badges stay with S2000 owners.
wasn't asking for a badge for the lexus......just said that just to wait to see the detail of the S2k to get the badge. I am a W&W wacko at heart. with any car. I know this is a s2k forum....that's why i joined to be a part of this group with a S2k. Not a lexus......
Old 07-14-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep this is a great place for information and helping each other out. A big Wanabe (our pilot).
Old 07-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Jul 13 2007, 09:40 PM
y0u rea11ly don't know??!!
Wanabe is the #1 wacko here. He covers his car in the parking garage while he has lunch for and hour. I thought I was bad.

500 wackos? Thats all?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:04 PM

thx guys...
i missed 90crvtec's note when i posted above- cause i was on a handheld.
anyway, its a mutual admiration society here!! i wana also thank you guys and everyone here for making this a special place on the net-
it takes a community to detail a car!!

hey rev happy- i have even covered the car while i was detailing part of it (the wheels) recently... now thats wacko!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ChinoMan,Jul 14 2007, 03:20 PM
wasn't asking for a badge for the lexus......just said that just to wait to see the detail of the S2k to get the badge
I see you're new here, if you made a post with a Lexus then I wasn't trying to call you out. I used Lexus as an example...

Quick Reply: over 500 wackos on this board--