S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Ordered new stuff, a bit suggestion needed.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered new stuff, a bit suggestion needed.

So today after some saving for my car, i decided to spend it on some paint correction stuff, I will have start all over again to save for the downpayment of the s2000.

Here is the list of what i bought.

Meguiars G110 v2, kit on AutoGeek that has like 8 pads and some pad cleaners. Forgot the exact pad colors.
Brinkman Dual Xenon Light
Poorboy's SSR2
Meguiars 105
Mezerna P085RD
Mezerna Powerlock
Sonax Wheel Cleaner ( Tooooooo excited for this one )
Adam's In n Out spray.

For next week's paycheck, I have to buy a good wax under 100bucks. I am thinking of getting the Sonax Carnuaba, P21s or the Pinacle one, sorry i am new so am not used to remembering all the names.
And meanwhile i will be shopping for some new microfiber towels, i have read that target and wallmart have 8packs for good prices.

Please help me get a good wax for that price, I try to spend the least possible but I cant,

Thank You for reading.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

what color is the wax for???
reason i ask is because i keep reading about this "Blackfire midnight sun" and want to try it out.
http://www.properautocare.com/blwetdiivcap.html
hear its great on dark cars.
i would either get that or p21s or one of the DoDo juice waxes. I read that Pinnacle does not last long but i have no experience in it.
i am picky about microfiber and wont buy anything from a retail store like walmart. i personally like the Uber Super Plush Green towels that detailers domain sells.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 PM

Umm the wax would be for dark colors, I am thinking of the Sonax Carnuaba or the Autoglym HD. Microfiber towels, im thinking of getting some monster brand ones.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 AM

For dark colors, the waxes I would recomend are Dodo Juice Purple Haze or Blue Velvet. Also, Pinnacles waxes (Souverän & Signature Series) are excellent carnauba waxes.

All the waxes above last about four months, with the Blue Velvet lasting a bit longer in my experiance.

If you are looking for an even longer protection factor, you can use a sealant like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or 3M Performance Finish
Old 08-15-2010, 10:08 AM

I have ordered the Mezerna power lock sealant and depending onmy mood, i might go and pick up an autoglym hd from wallmart bcoz i think its a good deal. Or else i would spend more and buy online
Old 08-15-2010, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reality33,Aug 15 2010, 08:51 AM
If you are looking for an even longer protection factor, you can use a sealant like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or 3M Performance Finish
I love the Wolfgang 3.0, Great depth and lasting protection.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer,Aug 14 2010, 04:33 PM
what color is the wax for???
reason i ask is because i keep reading about this "Blackfire midnight sun" and want to try it out.
http://www.properautocare.com/blwetdiivcap.html
hear its great on dark cars.
i would either get that or p21s or one of the DoDo juice waxes. I read that Pinnacle does not last long but i have no experience in it.
i am picky about microfiber and wont buy anything from a retail store like walmart. i personally like the Uber Super Plush Green towels that detailers domain sells.
I use Blackfire wet diamond all paint protection followed up by 2 coats of Midnight sun ivory carnauba and it is awesome on darker colors and even enhances lighter colors. I did my wifes silver Lexus and my yellow Wrangler and the paint was like glass and looked better than new. Recently detailed a black Porsche 911 (black) and an Audi (red) and they came out nice. Check out www.properautocare.com and click on exterior products to see testimonials and pix of recent customers cars.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I highly recommend P21s if you have a silverstone S, havn't tried it on any other colors except blue, which also looks good!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:44 PM

I was already ovr my budget so i had to buy something cheap. Therefore i went with autoglym hd from walmart. Havent tried it yet since the stuff is taking too long to come. I might get a swisswax after sometime.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:05 PM

what do u guys recommend for gpw?

Quick Reply: Ordered new stuff, a bit suggestion needed.