S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Optimum Car Wash

Old 07-24-2006, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optimum Car Wash

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Optimum Car Wash is a different kind of wash. It thoroughly cleans your paint without removing wax or sealant so your paint remains protected. Many waxes only require reapplication every 4 to 6 months. With Optimum, your wax will last as long as it should so you save time and money.

As with any premium car wash, Optimum Car Wash gives your paint great protection against accidental swirls and scratches resulting from improper wash techniques. Rich lather lubricates abrasive particles so they slide off your paint in the rinse water without scratching. By maintaining the wax coat, your paint has added protection from grit during washing.

Optimum Car Wash is an environmentally responsible product. Its biodegradable ingredients ensure that run-off from your vehicle will not affect the surrounding environment. These ingredients are also gentler on your clear coat than harsh solvents and chemical compounds.

This formula is very concentrated. Only 1 ounce or less produces enough foaming suds to safely clean your entire vehicle. The 32 oz. bottle contains enough liquid to wash your vehicle every weekend for 7 months!

Price:
$10.99 (32 oz.) $29.99 (128 oz.) Autogeek.net

Packaging Info:
I purchased the 32 oz. size pictured above. The bottle is a fairly simple clear plastic bottle with a visually pleasing label and clear directions.

Color/Scent:
Optimum Car Wash is a very thick blue liquid. It's so thick that it's almost like a gel. It has a very chemically sweet smell to it which I can't quite place, but it seems familiar.

How I used it:
I filled up a 5 gallon bucket with 3 gallons of water. I then added 3 oz. of Optimum Car Wash and sprayed more water into the bucket to generate foam. I then washed my car using the wash solution and a sheep skin mitt.

Thoughts:
Over the years I've tried many, many different brands of car wash soap. In fact, I probably own 4 or 5 different brands of car wash soap right now. Out of all the soaps I've tried only one substantially stood out from the crowd and that was Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds that is . . . until now. The Optimum Car Wash soap provides 99% the lubricity that Poorboy's does. Plus it's cheaper, the foam lasts longer in the bucket and on the car, and it leaves the finish slick and looking "just waxed." The soap feels velvety smooth and is somewhat different from the ultra slippery Poorboy's soap, but is pretty much every bit as good. Definitely Optimum is my new favorite car wash soap.

afters . . .
Old 07-24-2006, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been using the Zaino car wash and have been wanting to switch due to the cost, but did not want to just try anything due to the risk of removing the existing wax. This seems to be just what I am looking for. Double the amount of Zaino for only $2 more!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the write up!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:35 AM

I really can't recommend this soap enough. Car wash soap never gets much fan fare as far as detailing hyper goes, but this soap will make washing your car so much better. You'll get better results with less marring and you'll save money because it's cheaper than the Poorboy's soap.

The Poorboy's and Optimum soaps are really a different universe than the OTC Meguiar's, Mothers, etc. If you haven't tried either of these soaps you should do so ASAP.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Former Moderator

I bought a gallon of this stuff on sale at autogeek for $10.99. I love it. It makes a ton of foam in the foam gun too.

edit: Looks like i got the old formula, that's why so cheap.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Jul 25 2006, 10:08 AM
I bought a gallon of this stuff on sale at autogeek for $10.99. I love it. It makes a ton of foam in the foam gun too.

edit: Looks like i got the old formula, that's why so cheap.
When they had it on sale I thought about buying the old formula. It was a great price, but I didn't have anything else to order at the time and I didn't want to pay shipping for just one item.

Just think if you like the old formula how much more you'll like the new formula!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like good sudsing and sheeting action?

another good review... and now we know what you bought before the autogeek coupon came out!!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:27 AM

Great thread!! Thanks for the input!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Jul 25 2006, 11:13 AM
sounds like good sudsing and sheeting action?

another good review... and now we know what you bought before the autogeek coupon came out!!
Haha! Yeah, the products I've been putting reviews up for were in my order from Autogeek. I'll probably put up a few more reviews soon.