S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Oily lines after waxing

Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oily lines after waxing

Guys everytime i wax my car with (turtle wax color cure black ) on my berlina black

i get these lines, its like oily lines and only on the hood and passenger fender

i dont know whats the reason, its driving me crazy ..

i just keep on wipping them with no luck they wont dissapear..

help
:
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks to me like you arent fully buffing off the wax OR your buffing towel is saturated with wax and you are just re-wiping wax onto the car.

Perhaps you are using too much on your inital application? I dont know about that particular wax, but some waxes, reapplying a small amount (very thin application) will re-soften the existing wax which should allow you to buff it off better.

Better wax would be a good idea too
Old 10-31-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

try using a 50/50 mix of ipa and water, that usually does the trick, but as sabre said its either your applying to much wax or using a cloth thats been saturated with wax so your essentially reapplying it. Did you let the wax sit for a little bit? I know a majority of waxes need to sit for 30-45 minutes depending on which kind you use and some you can apply and wipe off right away. Try using QD even and see if that does the trick
Old 10-31-2007, 09:33 PM

You apply your wax in a really scattered pattern.

I apply in a circular motion in patterns that are about 3" in diameter to each circle. It gives a really even layer and I can control the thickness/thinness of the layer very easily. That could help, and as stated, make sure your microfiber towel isn't fully saturated, and any QD will help also.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:49 PM

no guys i change my wipping towels if they get saturated,everytime i wax my hood i try to put less and less ..but eventually they appear.

i dont let the wax sit for long, you can say around 20 mins till i finish from the whole car and i can feel the wax is dried out, then i buff away

Currahee474.. i apply in circles as well, but thats me try to remove the spots and just got mad and couldnt do no more lol..

my only feelings right now is to change the wax im using to something else and try it out.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 PM

Try some quick detailer.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by attack666,Oct 31 2007, 09:04 PM
Guys everytime i wax my car with (turtle wax color cure black ) on my berlina black

i get these lines, its like oily lines and only on the hood and passenger fender

i dont know whats the reason, its driving me crazy ..

i just keep on wipping them with no luck they wont dissapear..

help
:
same thing happens to me, ive got a my01 berlina and it only happens on the hood. i started to think it was my rags, but i wash them frequently and do the vinegar trick too.

So i tried using different waxes and it was the same deal!

So lastly i got some dishwashing soap and washed the hood really good, then the clay bar, then washed it again with a conditioner, polished it and waxed it and no more oily streaks!

Also another thing to look out for is if your hood is still hot from the car running, that will hinder how your wax is applied and comes off.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:19 AM

I get that sometimes. It's usually because I didn't do a good enough job buffing off the wax. You may be applying to much or you might have crappy towels.

Either way, the simplest way to fix this is to spray the area with QD and then wipe it with a clean towel. I would go this route because it won't remove the wax you've already applied.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Nov 1 2007, 05:19 AM
Either way, the simplest way to fix this is to spray the area with QD and then wipe it with a clean towel. I would go this route because it won't remove the wax you've already applied.
ahh true i should have just done that instead! o well, ive got a clean, smooth, shiny hood now! lol, but one thing is, mickey are you getting these marks on just your hood like us? it seems like its only appearing on the hood, everywhere else i have never gotten those marks.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by HankookS2K,Nov 1 2007, 07:27 AM
ahh true i should have just done that instead! o well, ive got a clean, smooth, shiny hood now! lol, but one thing is, mickey are you getting these marks on just your hood like us? it seems like its only appearing on the hood, everywhere else i have never gotten those marks.
Even on a silver car I get them sometimes. Except on silver it's harder to see and shows up looking more like a hologram. It usually happens when I'm using a wax with a lot of oils in it like Swissvax, Zymol, or Souveran and I don't change to a fresh towel often enough. Sometimes I get them on the lower part of the sides, the hood, or the trunk lid. A quick wipe with QD and it's gone.

Quick Reply: Oily lines after waxing