S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

NXT tech protectant Question:

Old 04-20-2004, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I'll give 303 a try on my next wash.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:13 PM

No! No! No! NEVER EVER, EVER!

I was just about to add a thread for this, but it looks like tkeedy beat me to it. Here's the skinny on this aweful, aweful product. The label says:

- "... to clean, condition, and protect all vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces."
- "Creates shine & richness to dashboards, tires & trim."

Why does NXT Tech Protectant completely suck? Because it's water soluble!! How can it possibly protect all vinyl surfaces if it can't get wet (point 1)? It can't. How can it be used on wheels if it dissolves with the smallest amounts of water (point 2)? It can't.

My experience:

I applied NXT Tech Protectant liberally to my top in complete shade and buffed it out twice. The surface remained greasy to the touch. When I put the top down my rear window got covered in greasy residue and I couldn't see through the window with the top up.

When I went to take it off a week later the protectant immediately turned white and soapy when water hit it and even with 10 minutes of rinsing with a hose at higher pressure (nozzle) it kept sudsing up. When I came back to the car after grabbing my wash mitt the entire car was covered in rainbow-reflecting soap scum.

To get it off I did two more washes with 303 Convertible Top Cleaner and then two passes with car soap and a micro fiber mitt. The one plus side to this story is that my top now looks blacker and better than "new" when I got my car with 14.9 miles on it. I guess 40 minutes of cleaning will do that for you...

It may be fine on the interior but after this experience I'd rather throw away useable product rather than accidentally let it get on my top again. I used it on my dad's tires. It does fine, but 303 goes on better, gets blacker, and takes less product on the rag for decent results.

Moral of the story: Never buy this product for an S2000. Stick to Meguiar's interior wipes, Lexol, Vinelyx, Zxymol, etc for the interior and 303 Convertible Top Cleaner and Protector for the top.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the warning and being a guinea pig for the rest of us!

I will return my unopened bottle to Wal-Mart ASAP!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by jocko2
Thanks for the warning and being a guinea pig for the rest of us!

I will return my unopened bottle to Wal-Mart ASAP!

I've got an almost-full bottle if anyone wants it...
Old 04-20-2004, 07:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by flitcroft
No! No! No! NEVER EVER, EVER!

What the hell took you so long Jerk!!!? A day earlier would have help, Thanks for nothing you no good Vtec addict. just kidding!

On a serious note, Will it come off using car soap only? Don't care how long or how many times it takes me I just want it off.

thanks!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:19 PM

Sorry man, I should have posted earlier.

In my experience the film will come off with car wash soap (I used the cheapy pink Meguiar's stuff in a pinch - works fine) because my car's NXT-protected paint cleaned up effortlessly but that damn top would not get clean for me. I went in this order: nozzle-pressure water scrubbing (10 - 15 minutes at least), two scrubs with 303 cleaner, then two scrubbings with the MF mitt and car soap. The wash soap and MF mitt were the things that got the last bit of residue off for sure so maybe with 4-5 passes of scrubbing and thorough rinsing it'll come clean for you.

Good luck
Old 04-21-2004, 03:28 AM

Heh Heh, so I wasn't the only one.......
Old 04-21-2004, 04:31 PM

Geez, I'm glad I saw this.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:15 PM

NXT is water based like 303? I am a new user of NXT. I haven't used it on the convertible top but its working great for me on the interior and tires on both vehicles. Tire splashes wipe right off the paint easily probably because its probably water based instead of silicone based.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2K4ever
NXT is water based like 303?

Quick Reply: NXT tech protectant Question: