S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

NXT tech protectant Question:

Old 04-18-2004, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can this be used safely on our S2000's vinyl top?
it says on the bottle "synthetic polymers to clean, condition and protect all vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces".
Anyone used this product yet?
I will be giving my S2000 the NXT treatment tomorrow, So quick replies is needed and will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also curious...
Old 04-19-2004, 10:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

someone must have used it... so i am bumping this back up!
Old 04-19-2004, 02:47 PM

Bump...

I also just bought some and have not gotten a chance to try it out.

If anyone has any experience with it, please share!

JohnnyS2000, how did it work?
Old 04-19-2004, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not.. i'm sure it will do more good than harm..
Old 04-19-2004, 08:18 PM

I did not apply it today but Since no one seem to have use it yet I guess I'll just have to test it out myself tomorrow. I will sample the spray wax (booster) as well. Updates coming as soon as I'm done.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:49 AM

Updates:

Booster wax- Used it on the hood and I really can't tell if it improved the way the paint looked or feel, It probably adds protection. Maybe best suited for after washes in between waxes.

Tech protectant- Followed the 303 procedure which is apply and wipe excess, came out pretty good. How good? Well, this is my first convertible and the first time I treated it with a protectant so I don't have anything to compare it with.

Love the Tech wax and sticking with it, on the fence with the Booster wax, pretty happy with the Tech protectant and will stick with it as well unless I see a car with 303 to compare and can tell if 303 is better.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:46 AM

OK, I was the test dummy (did this the beginning of last week, have been absent from the board due to moving ) .....IMO, BAD IDEA!

Top looked nice and black, but not any better really than the 3M marine stuff I've used for the last year (about once a month). HOWEVER, after the first rain this stuff is EVERYWHERE. Yes, I did buff it back off with a dry towel, a couple of times, after applying it. It took me washing the car 3 times over before I got all the greasy smudge off my windows.

Won't be doing that again. I liked it on the interior but you have to buff it off well or you will have oily residue everywhere you touch (something I've never really had to do w/ Meguires Natural Shine)

IMO, not my favorite new product.....and it won't get anywhere close to my top again!

Travis
Old 04-20-2004, 09:20 AM

I just got back from lunch and stop on my driveway to check on the vinyl top and like tkeedy said it's nice and black and IMO kinda look like it's a new top right out of the box. Too good to be true? Well, I ran my fingers on the surface with good pressure to check if greasy, little bitty got on my fingers, so little that IMO not enough to cause smudge on window. But.... I have not wash my car yet nor it got rain on so i'll just have to wait and see. TKEEDY how did you apply it on? Did you spray directly on the top? I did mine by spraying it on a white cotton rag (old shirt) then buffed it twice. And also what 3M marine stuff have you use? How about that 303 stuff, have you used it? if so, how does it compare? Any of those greasy at all? I'm keeping an open mind on this one, like to test them all to see which one is best to my liking.

P.s. This NXT products makes my garage smelling really good.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:57 AM

-LOL, smells really good...yes, I'll agree with that.

-No, I never spray directly on the car, sprayed it on a rag and wiped it on the top, then about 20 min later went back with a clean rag and very slowly went over a couple of times trying to get it all off.

If you feel any greasy at all I guarantee you that with a light soaking of the top allowing it to run down the sides (like rain) it will distribute nicely all over your windows. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to harm anything or be a Royal Pain to get off, just messy and I won't do it again.

I found this little white bottle of lotion-like stuff made by 3M made for vinyl on boats at Wal-Mart last year after buying my car, it's supposed to be UV protective and given my past experience with 3M in general I will tend to believe it. I put it on the top just like anything else, been very happy with it and it only streaks down the windows just a little bit the first rain or so. Seems to last through a few washes and beads up like wax through rain.

I haven't tried 303 more out of not needing it for the moment than anything else but everyone around here swears by it and I respect that so I don't think you could really go wrong using it.

Travis

Quick Reply: NXT tech protectant Question: