S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

No Respect for Others

Old 09-20-2009, 06:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a kid come up (i knew him, but wouldnt call him a friend) He was admiring it, and I was like 'thanks, just try not to touch the glass, as I just washed it today, and dirty glass drives me insane'

whats he do? goes oh ok.. and then just starts smearing his sweaty hands ALL over my drivers side window and windshield on the drivers side, I was just sitting there in my car jaw dropped thinking WTF!?!?

I couldnt think of anything to do, I got out and was like seriously?? I just sincerely asked you not to, and he just ran off laughing.

I couldnt do anything because it was right outside my work and his mom was right there. PISSED me off
Old 09-20-2009, 07:46 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=liquid_helix136,Sep 20 2009, 10:57 PM]I had a kid come up (i knew him, but wouldnt call him a friend) He was admiring it, and I was like 'thanks, just try not to touch the glass, as I just washed it today, and dirty glass drives me insane'

whats he do? goes oh ok.. and then just starts smearing his sweaty hands ALL over my drivers side window and windshield on the drivers side, I was just sitting there in my car jaw dropped thinking WTF!?!?

I couldnt think of anything to do, I got out and was like seriously?? I just sincerely asked you not to, and he just ran off laughing.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just washed the S today and a bunch of kids playing baseball decided to use my S as a base (yes it sits outside ). Well the parents are standing there and they have no common courtesy whatsoever, so i sound the alarm when one of them touches it. step outside to test out a new gps in my civic and give them a dirty look. they stopped playing baseball after.

some parents needs to teach their kids some common courtesy, it's ridiculous.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Another good story, wasnt my car, but a friend of my brothers truck.

We were playing some v-ball at a park, and abunch of drunk teenagers were leaning, sitting and talking over the bed of my friends truck, he was like Chase! what do i do man!? (hes like 16) I said well, naturally, everyone here who has a car, is going to set off their alarm at the same exact time, So on the count of three, his truck, my S, my bros celica and this other dudes 85 camry all set our alarms off at the same time, right next to the 6-7 teenagers, they all jumped big time, one screamed, and they got the point, got in their cars (yes drunk) and drove off

dumbasses
Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one time at A CAR SHOW in NC (at Hendrick Honda meet last August 08), this girl was taking pics by cars she liked. Her boyfriend was taking the pics. I'm standing 4 or 5 car lengths in front of my car just hanging out with my friends, and I notice her stand next to my car, then I look away for a sec, next thing I know, she is leaning on my quarter panel.

So I'm like okay okay that's fine just nothing else. Next thing I know, this bitch sits on my front fender, and leans back and supports herself with her hand on my hood. I literally dropped my jaw and was frozen. I was like are you ####ing serious? At a car show? Honestly? I swiftly went over to look at my car as she got up, she left a big greasy paw print on my hood, fender, and trunk. Thanks.

Another time, my buddy and I took his red 96 Ferrari F355 to Petit Le Mans back in 2006. He parked it in the infield and we were walking back to his car to move to another turn or whatever. I go "hey check it out someone is taking a pic by your car". Next thing you know, he's leaning on the door like it's his. At a damn racing event. You would think people at these places would have better judgement. He did the same thing I did. Stopped in his tracks and just was in awe.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:48 AM

This is where a remote alarm and hellatones comes in handy lol.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Last weekend I spent all day Sunday waxing/detailing the s2k. My sister-in-law's idiot boyfriend is admiring the car and I politely ask him not to touch it... 30 secs later I look over and he is leaning into the engine bay and supporting his weight with a hand on my hood. Seriously??? I yelled, he shat, end of story.

I really think people are just too socially inept and up their own asses to realize what they do. Its disappointing.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:sigh:

its a tough like being a wacko i suppose.

Since everyone else is adding their stories of how dumb/ignorant most people are - here's one of many stories of someone...

A Bugatti Veyron was parked early in the Spring in downtown old Birmingham (if anyone is from MI they might know the area). I parked the S to get a better look as there was quite a crowd. Most people were standing back admiring and telling "i heard _____ cost $_____ " stories they read about this beautiful machine (was black with a red hood paint scheme btw). So some kid, maybe around 12ish is standing with his friend near the hood, and the kid proceeds to rub the hood with his fingers. Kind of in that "wow this is smooth and cared for" type of motion that you see from folks do. My jaw dropped... a 1.4 million dollar car an you're first thoughts are "wow I should put my hand on this - after all, I wouldn't be able to afford ONE of the tires let another anything else" ?

some people man...

I don't care what you do to your own property, but DO NOT touch mine. There's a reason I have 72k miles on my S and it looks better than when I got it with 46xx miles
Old 09-21-2009, 02:59 PM

I don't like people leaning against my car either. However, I suspect that a lot of people do it as an honest mistake. They're not doing it to annoy you, they're doing it without thinking about it. I bet I've done it by mistake. I've spent a lot of time in parking lots.

With that said, here's my "where's your common sense" story.

Some months ago, there was a meet at the Cary Honda dealer. A bunch of us with S2000s showed up to eat free hot dogs, chat, hang out, and make fun of stuff. This was part of a "family day" type of event the dealer had put on, complete with a bouncy castle for the kids and everything.

Anyway, I'm at the far end of the line of S2000s, and there have been several people coming by and looking at our cars. I have my back to mine and am in the middle of a conversation when somebody, I think it was Jess, said, "Hey Karl, look, over there, your car. There's somebody getting in it."

I turned around, and sure enough, one visitor to the show just hopped right in and closed the door (I had the keys in my pocket). I didn't do anything. Partially because I figured, well, he's already in it, and can't really do any harm, so what's the difference. But mostly out of shock. I couldn't believe someone random would just GET IN to a car at a meet. Our only guess is that the guy must have thought that they were new cars offered for sale by the Honda dealer, and didn't know any better.

From that point forward, I've started keeping my doors locked at meets.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:34 PM

one florida summer afternoon, me and my pops are talking in the garage(where my S sleeps) and his buddy comes over with his 4yr nephew, the kid was eating ice cream and had stains everywhere and his fingers were sticky, the kid gets excited to see my car and proceeds to run from bumper to bumper wiping his fingers along, at this point i dont care how old or who's kid this is, in a moderatley raised tone of voice i say "dude, dont do that!" and at somepoint in his though process, he thinks that, it gives him the green light to *ATTEMPT* jumping on my trunk, at that point i yell, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" he looked at me like i was a monster and sat on the floor until he left, the whole time the uncle was just smiling and chit chatting away as if nothing was going on........wtf is wrong with people!

Quick Reply: No Respect for Others