S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

NFR's Official W&W Vent Thread!

Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a guy that lives near me who's sprinkler points INTO the street. This means that when I drive to work in the morning, I actually get hit by a sprinkler! Or if not, I have to drive through the stupid puddle it left all the way across the road. Who in god's name waters the damn road!?

In addition to that, I have to reiterate the bug statement. Assuming I haven't driven through rain, the two things that will make my car dirty quikc are pollen/dust and bugs. Pollen I can easily wipe off the wax. Bugs are stuck there until the next scrubbing
Old 10-11-2006, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shotiable,Oct 11 2006, 01:26 PM
scratchX isnt abrasive right? i have a tube sitting in my garage and i'm scared to use it since its scratch remover and the stuff's generally a mild rubbing compound thats abrasive
Actually, Scratch-X has very mild diminishing abrasives in it. However, if there is one detailing chemical you should NOT be afraid of Scratch-X is probably it.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FormulaRedline,Oct 11 2006, 11:37 AM
There's a guy that lives near me who's sprinkler points INTO the street. This means that when I drive to work in the morning, I actually get hit by a sprinkler! Or if not, I have to drive through the stupid puddle it left all the way across the road. Who in god's name waters the damn road!?

Gee. I thought the city of Stockbridge, Georgia was the only one that watered the street.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:18 PM

A minor one, but when my wife drives my car she never puts the seat back to it's original position, so I hop in and end up with my knees in my face.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Oct 11 2006, 04:18 PM
A minor one, but when my wife drives my car she never puts the seat back to it's original position, so I hop in and end up with my knees in my face.

Wifowned!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Oct 11 2006, 01:18 PM
Not a problem in my S, because nobody but me drives it...but that's definately an annoyance in my everyday car.

I've seen a few people mention weed trimmers, but how about lawn mowers...the other day I swung into the oncoming lane to avoid some joker blasting his mower clippings and probably small rocks and stuff out into the street...ran into this at Dunkin Donuts this summer too, waiting in line at the drive-thru when I notice someone from the garden/lawn co. they hire swing around the corner using a push mower with no bagger, blasting the crap at the cars in line. I pulled out and drove away before he got to me.

Also, I think I saw someone mention this....and it definately deserves a second mention since it drives me freakin' batty. If I go out of my way and park 100 feet away from the nearest car in a remote spot of a parking lot, and come back to find some idiot parked in the space next to me....still 100 feet away from the next nearest car. It makes me want to pull my hair out....WTF is up with that!? You'd think it would be pretty obvious why I parked way out there! If I also found a door ding with matching paint transfer, there'd be no stopping me from taking a bat to said car.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:48 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

It really pisses me of when a big truck or semi-trailer cuts me off in traffic causing me to be right on their ass....and they are the worst about kicking up rocks and chipping paint/windshields.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

^^ Yeah and if you drive behind one of them that doesn't have a trailer attached with just that fifth wheel thing sitting up there, grease flies off all over your car.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:59 AM

I hate people that feel like they can run their fingers all over your car and if you say something to get them to stop, then somehow *you* are the bad guy.

Hell yes, I'm anal! I just spent $35k on a car because I like it new and shiny. Not because I want some neanderthal with big, dirty paws to sand off all the clearcoat for me!

It's my car. I paid for it. Now if the whole world would just stay the hell away from it, we'd all get along fine.

First person to try to write anything in the dust on my car (if it should ever get dirty enough to do so) will be dismembered before he gets the chance to realize his mistake.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:35 AM

So I'm leading this group on a drive on a backroad with no cross streets moving at a fairly spirited pace when I spot a flock of birds. Since I am already moving, I figure that if I accelerate rather than slow down my chance of impact will be lessened.

I was wrong.

As the birds fly across the road in my path, instead of the other way which would have been AWAY from my car, I catch a straggler. BOOM! I hit the bird and feathers blood and bits of glass fly into my passenger seat.

Pet Peeve -----> Bird Brains (especially the ones splattered all over my car)

Is the crack in my windshield noticeable?

Quick Reply: NFR's Official W&W Vent Thread!