S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

New wax- soon to be released

Old 01-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

products? wanna put this up in a new thread... since its really not on topic with this thread?

-------
edited:

woops!! now i see that it is the same product... great thread!
-ignore my mistake above-
Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he said he is using the Blackfire kit and is going to finish it off with the wet diamond carnauba that the thread started out talking about. I just hope pictures will give us a clue as to whether this was a worthwhile product/step.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Ran out of daylight so these shot are with overhead Fluoresant and a 1000w halogen lamps on the side. I maked the shots that have a flash as well.

Here's where we are to date.

Started on Thursday afternoon.
-Old wax removed using Griot's paint prep
-Washed with Griot's wash
-2 coats of Blackfire wet diamond sealant applied (8+ hours cure time between coats)
-3 coats of Blackfire wet diamond new wax blend. (8+ hours cure time between coats)

Flashed used for the shot below.

I'll take a few more tomorrow in the sun so I can get a better idea of the overall effect.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:46 PM

Sooo - the ultimate questions that I am sure your photos will never be able to completely answer:

1. Do you feel like the final result lived up to the hype and would you recommend this process/product to others?

2. Do you feel that the results are so clearly (no pun intended ) superior to other paint detailing techniques you have tried that it was worth the cost/effort?

3. Would you do it again at this point?

thnx

BTW - that does look quite nice in the shots you have posted.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by AlanL,Jan 21 2007, 09:46 PM
Sooo - the ultimate questions that I am sure your photos will never be able to completely answer:

1. Do you feel like the final result lived up to the hype and would you recommend this process/product to others?

2. Do you feel that the results are so clearly (no pun intended ) superior to other paint detailing techniques you have tried that it was worth the cost/effort?

3. Would you do it again at this point?

thnx

BTW - that does look quite nice in the shots you have posted.
All of my experience has been with carnauba waxes prior to this so that's got to be taken into consideration in my evaluation. That being said, I'm of the opinion that,

1. I think the Blackfire product is at least as good as anything it's competing against. And I mean any sealant under wax combo's. I suspect the line that differentiates them is smaller than I can tell at this point. The product is a bit expensive but it seems to perform at a very high level so far. If the price doesn
Old 01-21-2007, 09:17 PM

i seem to see that CAR BRITE wax is incredible. CAR BRITE's EXPRESS WAX does wonders on our BB
Old 01-22-2007, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by kctheflish,Jan 22 2007, 02:14 AM

Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Now what's gonna happen when I put a coat of sealant on top of the wax?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow- for a black car to look like that under florescent lights says that the paint is just about perfect!

i would say that is one nice shine, and much better than any carnuba alone. the blackfire sealant will add protection and maybe some more depth (hard to believe!)-
do they say to seal, wax and seal?
i would usually seal and then wax-
looking forward to your thoughts on this after you do it!

if the wax is a carnuba, you will not see much (if any) diff after the second coat... if its a synthetic, you might still see some slight diff- but with that shine i would be surprised!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 PM

The car was purchased back at the end of September with 20 miles on her. The paint wasn't so luck. It was swirled pretty good. I had pretty good luck with Griot's polish but just couldn't get it the way I had hope to so I tried Menzerna's PO106FF. Needless to say I was amazed how beautiful it looked. That's some fine polish...

I had about three coats of best of show on it after polishing and figured I'd experiment a bit when I read about the new Blackfire sealant and wax combo. They are recommending 2 coats of sealant and 2-3 coats of there new wax/sealant mixture so that's what I've tried and the results seem pretty darn nice.

Tonight I just put another coat of sealant on top of the wax and it's really nice. The sealant provides a very slick surface compared to the wax so that maybe an advantage. The car still looks very clear and the color remains vibrant. I'm hoping to get her out of the garage tomorrow and see what the depth looks like in the sun.

I'm also considering trying a test area using P21S and Souveran sandwiched between the Blackfire sealant.

As soon as I get the car back out in the natural light I'll get some shots posted.

Quick Reply: New wax- soon to be released