S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

New wax- soon to be released

Old 12-25-2006, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wax- soon to be released

Does anyone have any advanced info on this stuff....

http://www.properautocare.com/blwetdiivcap.html
Old 12-25-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kctheflish,Dec 25 2006, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have any advanced info on this stuff....

http://www.properautocare.com/blwetdiivcap.html
i think that they created the product... and that it is somewhat similar formula to "wheelwax"- a blend of carnuba and synthetics.

cant wait to see a write up on this- their marketing is great, and i hope the product lives up to the hype!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:24 AM

I have been using their Blackfire Ivory Carnauba Spray Cleaner/Wax as a detailing spray in between wax jobs and have been very happy with the results. It adds a shine that is a match for a freshly waxed car and lets me wax a little less often. Water beads up quite nicely after applying it.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:39 PM

There was a thread about it on Autopia . . .

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product...ghlight=diamond

I've been wondering for a while if CMA will drop the Pinnacle line because they are no longer part owner of that brand. Expanding their Blackfire line with a product like this could be a suitable replacement for Pinnacle.

Anyway, they've done a great job with the marketing of this product. I like the case . . . that's a nice touch. Plus, it was ingenious marketing it as a topper for sealants. It's such a popular practice now and no other brand has marketed their product in such a way.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:27 PM

They seem to recognize the opportunity and are trying blend to two systems together.
It will be interesting to see if others follow suit from a marketing standpoint.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:59 PM

Marketing issues aside, my main question is how well such a combination works.

I recently tried the Menzerna suite on my wife's Mystic Blue X3 which consisted of Final Polish II, Finishing Touch Glaze, and FMJ. The visual results are very impressive - incredible depth to the finish and it feels amazingly smooth to the touch. The color in this case is a very dark metallic blue and the FMJ surface looks far better than the car did when it was delivered.

The FMJ finish has some characteristics that are going to take some adjustment on my part however in that I saw little of the water beading I am used to for a well detailed car. The surface seems to be quite different from a waxed finish and is not nearly as conducive to my usual leaf blower drying habits.

If this blend can give me the paint protection of a synthetic and the surface characteristics of a carnauba wax I am all ears.....
Old 12-25-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by AlanL,Dec 25 2006, 09:59 PM
If this blend can give me the paint protection of a synthetic and the surface characteristics of a carnauba wax I am all ears.....
That's exactly why people do it. IMO it's more of a compromise which gives you some characteristics of each product.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:27 AM

I wonder if it will be possible to add layer/s of synthetic on top of this new wax. That would open up a new debate on looks, performance, etc.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Former Moderator

My take = They need a wax to compete with Souveran. The rest is word magic from the marketing department. I've never had any carnauba streak over top of any of the synthetics i've used.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its out now- waiting for the first review!!

with permission from properautocare.com:

<<
Start the new year with a new level of shine... Wet-Ice over Fire!

Wet-Ice over Fire. That's what I call my signature shine. It's taken me nearly five decades of detailing and helping countless enthusiasts with their show vehicles but I've finally created a shine that has it all. In the past, if we created a bright, laser-sharp shine we sacrificed depth and liquidity. If we went for maximum depth and wetness, we softened the shine. Some products looked better on dark color paints and other products enhanced light color finishes. Wet-Ice over Fire is a liquid wetness that ripples on the surface while still allowing the depth and energy of the paint to radiate through.

I've experimented with Wet-Ice over Fire shine on virtually every color paint and have yet to find a color that didn't look fantastic after treatment. You can always create more depth and liquidity on darker colors but even silver and white looks awesome with a Wet-Ice over Fire shine.

Two coats of Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax over a
foundation of Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection.
WET-ICE over FIRE shine!

Wet-Ice over Fire is created by packing a pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax with the latest generation of German, acrylic, super-polymers and layering it over a laser-sharp, acrylic polymer base coat. It's a 21st century version of putting a carnauba wax over Klasse All-In-One but it goes much, much further.

The History of Wet-Ice over Fire

I've been passionate, my wife would say obsessive, about carnauba paste waxes for nearly two decades. My personal quest for the ultimate shine led me to melting and blending waxes in our kitchen until one day, in 1991, I came up with a paste wax formula that looked deeper, richer and wetter than any other wax.

I brought the Pinnacle Natural Brilliance line to market in 1992 with Souveran as our paste wax.

I ultimately sold the Pinnacle Natural Brilliance line to another company and set carnauba paste waxes aside in favor of a new group of super-polymers developed in Germany. My goal was to engineer a "man-made wax" that mimicked the best qualities of Brazilian Carnauba without carnauba's weaknesses.

I launched BLACKFIRE in 2001 with All Finish Paint Protection as our signature sealant. All Finish Paint Protection perfectly captured the rippling energy and liquidity of carnauba. Gone was the sterile, white, shine of conventional polymer products.
All Finish Paint Protection was a paint-friendly, oil-in-water, emulsion that would not dry out or dull paintwork even with years of repeated applications. It was extremely resistant to detergent washings and could protect for 6 months or more.

All Finish Paint Protection was updated in 2004 with a new acrylic polymer that refracted light, like a diamond, to create a laser-sharp, high definition, shine. The product was renamed Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection and became an instant success and a favorite with our show-car customers. Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection also leaves a super-slippery surface coating to resist water spotting.
Every wax and sealant has it's own, unique, gloss signature. Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection is no exception. Whether you like or dislike the shine is subjective, a matter of personal preference. I believe I've met my design goal of crafting a sealant mimicking the shine of the best carnauba waxes but, being a perfectionist, still felt there was room for improvement.

While I was busy perfecting BLACKFIRE, the market had discovered a knock-out, shine combination, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax over Klasse All-in-One.

The undercoating of All-in-One created shine while the top coat of a carnauba paste wax added depth and liquidity. It worked. The combination was just fantastic, especially on dark color paint.

Putting the Icing on BLACKFIRE's Laser-sharp, Fiery Shine

Klasse All-in-One is an acrylic polymer sealant like Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection but Wet Diamond creates a much brighter, almost laser-etched, shine and leaves a super slippery finish that resists water spotting. Enthusiasts began waxing over Wet Diamond but the super slippery polymers on the surface created, blotchy, hazy patches.

A light went off! If I could create a paste wax that would bond with the latest generation of acrylic polymer sealants, I would have my ultimate Wet-Ice over Fire shine. Mid 2005, I went back to work to marry a Brazilian Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax with the latest acrylic polymers.

A New Wax is Born

As I write this, I'm very close to bringing BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax with Acrylic Polymers to market. I have over 20 versions of the formula behind me and am concentrating on tweaking the liquidity to look good on both dark and light color vehicles.

A new generation of wax is born!

In a nutshell, Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax is packed to-the-max with Brazilian Ivory Carnauba Wax then fortified with a newer group of acrylic polymers. Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax can be used by itself but it's really designed to be used over the latest generation of acrylic polymer paint sealants. Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax bonds perfectly with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and Menzerna's FMJ. No streaks, no haze, no cloudy patches. Just Wet-Ice over Fire shine!
You buff Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax before the wax starts to haze. Simply walk around your car, wipe wax on a section ( door, fender, etc.), then buff to a bright shine with a Microfiber Buffing Cloth. There is no waiting for the wax to dry and no chalky residues in body seams. While I haven't tested all the various plastics used in automotive trim, Wet Diamond is extremely resistant to white staining. It also applies easily in climates of high heat and humidity buffing streak-free with very little effort.

Comparisons

This is not a replacement for Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax nor is it "better" than Souveran. The advantage of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax is that it can be used as a topping over any polymer sealant to add depth and liquidity without fear of hazing, streaking or cloudy patches.

Wet Diamond Paste Wax can be used over older polymer sealants such as Klasse All-in-One, Meguiar's No. 20 and 21 Sealants, Autoglym's Super Resin Polish and the newer, super slippery, sealants such as BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, Menzerna FMJ and Menzerna's new One Step, Acrylic Jacket.

This allows you to add the depth, richness and liquidity of Carnauba over the laser-sharp shine of the newer, acrylic polymer sealants.
In addition to being awesome on dark color paints, this Wet-Ice over Fire shine also compliments silver, pewter, anthracite and light color paints. In fact, I did a white car and was amazed at how the white took on a pearl-like glow. This is a multiple-step combination but I've yet to find a color that didn't benefit from this treatment.

Bottom Line

If you're on your own quest for the perfect shine or if you've been using a Carnauba wax over All-in-One and now find other competitors using the same combination, here's an opportunity to step up to a whole new level of shine.
Who knows, Wet- Ice over Fire might be just enough to put that best-of-show trophy on your mantle!

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax with Acrylic Polymers will be available by itself and in a Wet-Ice over Fire Shine Kit which will include Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax, Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection, Ivory Carnauba Spray Cleaner Wax, applicators, buffing towels and instructions all packaged in an impact resistant, hard plastic, presentation case.

Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
Wet-Ice over Fire, Shine Kit

I believe you'll be impressed.

Quick Reply: New wax- soon to be released