S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

need your help with a good spot cleaner when i don't want to wash the whole car!!!

Old 06-25-2001, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your help with a good spot cleaner when i don't want to wash the whole car!!!

We don't have room in our garage for all of our toys, so the CRV (the fiancee's car and our "commuter car") has been banished from the garage. Hey better the truck than my stook, I say.

The problem is that we seem to pick up quite a few bird crappings on the truck. Washing that damn thing sucks and it stays really clean besides the bird poop.

Does anyone know if one of these between wash cleaners is any good? I would love to be able to clean up a small area without having to wash the whole car. Trouble is that I know from past experience that bird doo doo has tons of sand, grit and rocks in it so just wiping it off can scratch the hell out of your paint. Of course, that problem is made worse by the fact that bird crap is highly acidic and i have been told that if you are lazy enough to leave it on your car it will eat throug the wax and begin to eat the paint.

Your help/experience/insight is greatly appreciated.

mahalo
Old 06-25-2001, 02:42 PM

Try the Meguiar's "Quik Detailer Mist and Wipe" in a maroon spray bottle.
Works great on clear coat surfaces and takes seconds...

Good Luck
Old 06-25-2001, 08:04 PM

Be careful when removing bird droppings. A friend, removing bird droppings, scratched the clearcoat on his paint using a quick detailer spray. Like you said bird dropping contain sand and other abrasive partials. I would prefer to wash the whole car.
Old 06-26-2001, 01:22 PM

A friend of mine used one of those quick detailers spray on his 300ZX. He told me that it really didn't work that well and left a lot of streaks. I don't think anything compares to a good car wash.

Maybe you can get a car cover for the CRV and just wash it.
Old 06-28-2001, 10:39 AM

I have a cleaning routine I stick to religiously.....After washing and drying the car, I apply Zaino Z6 and Z2 (which do a great job of repelling, or at least not attracting road dust). Then, when I arrive at work, I put on the car cover for the day; it's worth the extra 2 minutes of effort that it takes. When I get home, I wave the California Duster around to remove any brake dust, and then go over all the surfaces again with a soft flannel pillowcase. If there are any bugs on the front, I clean them off straight away with Blue Magic (really the best product, and so easy to use). Then, every two days, I use a soft cloth to remove any dust from the rims.

I'm pretty anal about doing this routine every day. It doesn't take long to do, and it allows me to go three weeks without having to re-wash the car. I could easily go much longer than that, but I always feel the old girl needs a wash now and then - if only for the sake of personal hygene. This whole cleaning and covering routine takes between 5 and 10 minutes out of my day, but it sure saves me a lot of time by not having to wash the car more frequently. The main joy is that it's like driving a new car every day.