S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

need help washing car....

Old 06-03-2003, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help washing car....

hello, i got a few questions, please help me...thanks.
btw, i dont have time to zaino...

1. what car wash soap do you recommend?
2. what wax do you recommend, is turtle wax good? (not zaino)?
3. what should i use to dry my car? towels? chamaos?
4. any other tip on washing?

thank you for all your help.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. any auto shampoo with good sheeting action

2. the easiest to use is p21s, imo- great protection, great looks, and very easy to use... in fact i use it over my zaino (probably about 17 coats of zaino under it by now!)

3. personal preference, but dont use towels with edges (or you risk new swirls)- i use the old fashioned chamois (and sometimes use a blower first)

4. properautocare.com is one of my favorite supply shops- the reason i suggest it to you is that it has great tips for those who are new at the detailing process.

good luck!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:58 AM

1) Zymol Auto Wash or P21s Bodywork Shampoo
2) P21s Carnauba Wax - rated best shine and gloss by a well-reputed magazine; Zymol Cleaner/Wax works well too, but not quite as shiny
3) I use a combination of water blade and microfiber
4) tips coming soon on my website at http://www.sportscarcare.com/tips
Old 06-03-2003, 12:27 PM

whats p21? what company is it from?
Old 06-03-2003, 01:01 PM

P21s is from P21s! http://www.p21s.com
Old 06-04-2003, 07:35 AM

AP, I recommend Meguiar's Gold-Class Series. You can buy it at Target and many other auto outlets. Meg's puts out a Gold-Class Shampoo, Gold-Class Liquid Wax, and several other products in the series. They're easy to use, and as you can tell, very effective. Meg's has been around for over 100 years, so I think they've figured out how to make a nice wax by now.

Towels: you can use 100% cotton towels and/or Microfiber. Either is good, but technique is the most important factor. Just drag the towels across the car north-south, as opposed to rubbing the car dry.

The result? See for yourself.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:46 AM

Need help? I know a homeless guy that for a $1 or 2, will wash you car with an old t-shirt and a bucket of his own urine. Can't beat that deal....and oh, the aroma!

Sorry, I just had to add that after reading the thread topic
Old 06-04-2003, 08:52 AM

Not to knock anything that has been said here or elsewhere, but there isn't an S2000 in existance that can prove what waxes work and what don't. The test of a good wax versus an EXCELLENT wax takes years and years to show. Making a one-year-old paint job look good is not terribly challenging. Making a paint job look good for 10+ years is a different story. So for anyone to be making the claim that their wax or sealant is best just because their car is shiny after driving it off the factory floor is ludicrous.

That said, Meguiars, P21s, Zymol have ALL proven their mettle over the years. But I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone that it's NOT the wax that makes the difference in the long run. It's the POLISH. THAT is what makes the paint look new and glossy year after year. Use whatever wax you like, but if you're not using a good cleanser/polish, I'll beat you every time.

Anyone care to support or debate my claim?
Old 06-04-2003, 10:45 PM

Vrm Vrm, I agree very much so with you. I detail cars and the first thing i was taught was to ALWAYS USE POLISH.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate to throw this in here but...

don't have time to Zaino? w/ ZFX, you can put on 3 coats of Zaino in around 2 hours...
are other waxes faster than a coat every 40 minutes? and do those waxes typically last around 6 months w/o additional coats?

*shrug*

don't get me wrong... while i love my Zaino, i don't think it's the end all of end alls in car waxing... but the ease of application and maintenance were items that pointed me to use Zaino.
(luckily, i only started using Zaino after ZFX was released... so i've never dealt w/ Z1 and the long waits...)

Quick Reply: need help washing car....