S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Need help on choosing products.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need help on choosing products.

Hey guys, i just recently started thinking to take good care about my car's exterior and interior after i found my leather seat is actually damaged by my jeans....

i was reading the product reviews... it just too many of them....

so i hope someone can give me a list of products that is easy to use, and wont take too long to do.

so i guess i want

1 x soap
1 x Wax
1 or 2 X interior care stuff
and maybe
1 x glass care

of couse this is just what i think, you can post what you are using too!

please help me decide...
i hope i can puchase all of them on autogeek.net too.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming you just want to protect your investment without too much involvement,so here are some suggestions:

Car wash: Meguiar's Gold Class is readily available at most auto parts stores and is a pretty good product. Spend more time researching the wash media (sponge, lambswool mitt, chenille mitt, etc.) and technique than on the soap.

Wax: I'd recommend Collinite 476S Super Doublecoat Wax (paste) or 845 Insulator Wax (liquid). These will be a bit harder to find, but they last a long time between applications. Or you could use any Meguair's wax from the auto parts store and probably be satisfied with the results.

Glass Cleaner: many like Stoner's Invisible Glass, again available at most auto parts stores.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by RedY2KS2k,Jan 16 2010, 07:48 AM
I'm assuming you just want to protect your investment without too much involvement,so here are some suggestions:

Car wash: Meguiar's Gold Class is readily available at most auto parts stores and is a pretty good product. Spend more time researching the wash media (sponge, lambswool mitt, chenille mitt, etc.) and technique than on the soap.

Wax: I'd recommend Collinite 476S Super Doublecoat Wax (paste) or 845 Insulator Wax (liquid). These will be a bit harder to find, but they last a long time between applications. Or you could use any Meguair's wax from the auto parts store and probably be satisfied with the results.

Glass Cleaner: many like Stoner's Invisible Glass, again available at most auto parts stores.
Thanks for the reply, i will check out Meguiar's products.

and i dun mind to spend more money on the stuff, it just.... i dun know which one to buy
Old 01-16-2010, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wash: The detailing community loves CG Wash, dilutes nicely, will last you for a long time on a single car
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Daily_car_wash...s_302_clear.htm
Glass: Stoners Invisible glass (In a spray can)
Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my three cents (one too many):
--keep it simple
--megs does make some nice products, but most of the ones i like, someone else makes one i like better-
so megs is a fine place to start, i just would plan to try other products also after you get started
btw, i am replying to your comment that you will check out the megs products- the shampoo that redy2ks2k suggests is fine. so is the cg wash that blackbeartx mentioned.
--the only time i find that shampoo matters is in the foamer. otherwise, to me there are very few that i do not own- they all work just fine outside the foamer.

you have some fine ideas in the posts above- also check out our stickies at the top of the board. since no one responded to your interior products i will mention that you need two more (besides glass) to start with anyway:
1. vinyl product to clean and protect (including sunscreen since we have convertibles) - the most popular on this board is 303. i also like vinylex.
2. leather products- you do need 2 of those. a cleaner, and a separate protectant. i like the lexol twins and they are easy to find. my fav is still townsends, but you have to do some searching for that one.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:26 PM

For leather i like Gliptone, smells lovely
If your going to the trouble of wax i would suggest a fine clay as well. Can't see wax doing alot sitting on contaminated paint
Old 01-16-2010, 08:52 PM

Thanks alot for all the post guys,

here is what i might get.

Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476
Stoner Invisible Glass
Lexol Leather Cleaner
Lexol Leather Conditioner
Vinylex

sounds good?! and i can get all those from one place which is nice.

and do you guys know what is that Lexol Neatsfoot Leather Dressing?!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by adamjgriffin,Jan 16 2010, 07:26 PM
For leather i like Gliptone, smells lovely
If your going to the trouble of wax i would suggest a fine clay as well. Can't see wax doing alot sitting on contaminated paint
Can you give me a example of the clay?!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 AM

Sonus clay

I find products short on the ground and really expensive in Australia. With that in mind I use Sonus clay bars, the ultrafine as above, and Meguiars detailing spray as a lubricant. Saves me buying two bottles of product I have used Sonus for many years and never had an issue.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 AM

If you're just starting out with clay, just get the Meguires clay. It works fine and is easily available. I personally prefer the Griot's clay, buy the Megs. is available at most stores for easy purchase.

Quick Reply: Need help on choosing products.