S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

My Plastic Window is Clear Again!!

Old 03-24-2002, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Plastic Window is Clear Again!!

hey guys,

well i just did an amazing feat. i got my rear window clear again without taking it to the dealers or anything!!

first i bought the rear plastic window kit from www.properautocare.com and ordered the Meguiars kit. basically i just used the white bottle and it cleared everything! im talking about six months worth of haze and crap that was just building up over a while. i wouldnt recommend using the blue bottle from meguiars but everything else works just fine.

the only problem is the work this takes to clear that window. it probably took me about 30 mins for the inner part alone. also i managed to squat onto my center console with both feet on both seats and with my head tilted sideways to clear the roof and i was able to clean my window somewhat comfortably. it also helps to only be about 5'8" that way you dont have to much trouble cleaning the window. well just felt like telling you guys this just in case anybody had problems with hazing of their rear windows.

chris
Old 03-24-2002, 06:02 PM

honda should of designed the rear plastic windows like the BMW Z3's (Zipper Kind) if you have a haze or a scratch on the plastic window, you can pay less than $100 dollars and unzip the old window out and put the new one on and zip it in..
the plastic window on the s2000 is a Bit@# to clean.. the best solution instead of starnding on the leather seat (which can crease up your leather and make it ugly) is to unbolt 4 screws and take out the driver or passenger seat.. that is what they do at Honda service when they clean up your window (inside)
Old 03-25-2002, 07:53 AM

Does that mean our plastic windows cannot be replaced w a new plastic one like the z3? Im confused. Is there anyway to replace the plastic w glass?
Old 03-25-2002, 04:29 PM

our plastic windows can be replaced as a warranty issue, but the replacement takes roughly eight hours and the job done isnt always as good as your original window. also the switch from glass to plastic probably isnt possible or even reasonable in price. the best thing to do is just to get the hardtop.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:28 AM

I just bought my s2000 used and it seems that the plastic window is getting really wrinkled. Everyday it gets worse and I dont know how to stop it, any advice?
Old 03-27-2002, 08:14 AM

park your car outside on a really hot day with all windows closed with the top up. the heat should warm up the plastic enough to get rid of some of the wrinkles.

also try pouring boiling hot water on the window too. i read somewhere this works also.

also are you sure they are wrinkles and not grime buildup on the rear window?
Old 03-27-2002, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stefffeee, check out Muz or sites for back window tube. Also get the mat to stop scratching with top down.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:10 PM

Chris,

I use the Meguiars products to clean the window about every 6 months. I use Plexus for maintenance between the cleanings. Plexus is really easy to use.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:06 PM

mark,

plexus huh? well i picked up a bottle of eagle plastic cleaner/maintenance stuff kinda alright though. nothing really spectaculur. maybe ill pick up another bottle of plexus then.

oh and mark are you going on april 14 for the paintball thing? try and make it. a thread is going on in meets and events and im planning on kicking some major ass that day. mwahahahah

chris
Old 03-27-2002, 05:02 PM

So can someone tell me what the zipper over my rear window on my S2000 is for.

Thanks, Pat

Quick Reply: My Plastic Window is Clear Again!!