S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

My GPW Detail!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GPW Detail!

Hey guys I have been reading the Wash and Wax section for about a week now and found beneficial ideas that I'm going to use and we'll see. I've purchased some new products from reading mikeyc's reviews Thanks!!!

I have a 2004 GPW purchased 6 months ago and the previous owner maintained it pretty well so im going to get down and do a full on detail planning on using these products any help will be appreciated to make sure I'm on the right track. I'm not using a PC eventually I'll get one.

Washing:
Optimum Car Wash
ShMITT all white

Glass:
Swissvax Crystal Glass Cleaner
also got some Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner
Uber Microfiber Glass Towels

Wax:
Lusso Revitalizing Creme Pre-wax Cleaner and Polish
Lusso Oro Premium Carnauba Wax

Quik detail:
Menzerna Top Inspection

Rims:
riot's Garage Wheel Cleaner

Tires:
Opti-Bond Tire Gel with aplicator pad
also got Tropi Care "White Pearl" Tire/Trim Dressing gona try out

Interior:
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Cleaner
Leather Master Kit
Stoner Upholstery & Carpet Cleaner
Natural Tampico Upholstery & Carpet Scrub Brush

TOP:
303 Convertible Top Cleaner

I'm going to start on my next day off I work 60 hours a week so it'll be done hopefully soon

any advice would be great!!!

here is a pic of it taken a couple months ago

Old 07-29-2009, 12:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any swirls or imperfections in the paint or did the previous owner take care of that aspect too? Looks great already, can't wait to see when you're done detailing it.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh man you picked up some nice products.

The tropi-care tire dressing in the bomb!
Apply with an app, let it set for 10 minutes and buff the excess off with an old MF. Repeat. Step back and say wow!

303. Apply with a MF applicator (can be bought at walmart, target, etc). Let sit for about 20 minutes and buff with a MF towel briskly.

I love the uber glass towels. Its all i use on glass anymore, and I use them to clean my glasses too!

Good luck and cant wait to see pics and a badge request.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=RavynX,Jul 29 2009, 12:02 PM] Any swirls or imperfections in the paint or did the previous owner take care of that aspect too?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by slanguage,Jul 29 2009, 12:14 PM

Apply with an app, let it set for 10 minutes and buff the excess off with an old MF. Repeat. Step back and say wow!

303. Apply with a MF applicator (can be bought at walmart, target, etc). Let sit for about 20 minutes and buff with a MF towel briskly.

I love the uber glass towels. Its all i use on glass anymore, and I use them to clean my glasses too!

thanks ya i can't waite to try out the new stuff. Will take a good amount of pics!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM

great choice of products! good luck!

I've recently used Tuf Shine to dress my tires and it is by far the most durable dressing I've ever used. http://tufshine.com/ It goes on easy and dries to the touch in a couple minutes. No slinging or buffing needed and it lasts through several car washes and even rainy days.

are you planning on waxing/sealing your wheels as well? If so, you may want to consider something specific for wheels like WheelWax or Poor Boys Wheel Sealant because I don't think Lusso Oro will last very long. I'm not sure if the Riot's cleaner removes wax/sealant but I'm pretty sure it does.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by cheehee,Jul 29 2009, 01:24 PM
great choice of products! good luck!

I've recently used Tuf Shine to dress my tires and it is by far the most durable dressing I've ever used. http://tufshine.com/ It goes on easy and dries to the touch in a couple minutes. No slinging or buffing needed and it lasts through several car washes and even rainy days.

are you planning on waxing/sealing your wheels as well? If so, you may want to consider something specific for wheels like WheelWax or Poor Boys Wheel Sealant because I don't think Lusso Oro will last very long. I'm not sure if the Riot's cleaner removes wax/sealant but I'm pretty sure it does.
thanks hmm all i have is Mothers Crome would that work for waxing/sealing the rims?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ricedoutride,Jul 29 2009, 02:09 PM
thanks hmm all i have is Mothers Crome would that work for waxing/sealing the rims?
mothers chrome is more like a polish not a protectant. you can use any wax/sealant really, just in terms of durability something specific for wheels will last longer and make cleaning brake dust, tar, etc. a little easier.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:53 PM

oh ok I see thanks for the info.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slanguage,Jul 29 2009, 12:14 PM

Rog is spot on. The Tropi-care tire dressing is, without question, the best I've used. It looks perfect - tires look nice and dark, like new tires on display at a tire store, but not artificially shiny.

Quick Reply: My GPW Detail!