S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

MuttGrunt Detail S2k/Accord/Pilot

Old 07-24-2008, 09:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MuttGrunt Detail S2k/Accord/Pilot

ok guys. so here's the deal. shortly after getting back from afghanistan (3 may 08), i was able to finally clear and get out of the army by early june (was supposed to be out past september but was stop-losed). about two weeks after getting back i finally was able to do some work on my car that was long overdue. this is mainly all over the counter products, and since my supplies have grown quite a bit (just ordered a bunch of stuff from CG and DD to include a PC and should be in soon ).

I got up early one day and began working on the s2k, washing with palmolive dish soap in prep of claybarring followed by 3 layers of wax. nevrdull on the exhaust tips, rain-x on the windshield, and a few things not shown in the first picture (lexol on the leather, vacuumed carpet, wool mit to wash, black magic tire shine gel - love it, the absorber chamois) after using tire cleaning foam spray and later in the day (after allowing 10+ hours to dry) some raggtop protectant.

other pictures will show some of the other events, like when my mom and dad came out to help clean their cars. my dad helped with two of my layers of wax, and i helped him wax his 07 pilot, and my moms 04 accord. both of those had rain-x applied and tire shine along with cleaning the windows.

main products shot:

after dash and seats, precarpet:

with mom and dad working on the accord:

done with the pilot:

shes not bad for 50k miles!
overall time for all three cars was around 8 hours (lots of washing and waxing). seemed long for no PC use. makes me scared of the timeline with a pc!

next up: learning the PC on the accord!
sorry for lack of "during" shots, next time will be some!
recently purchased and will be used soon: simple green galon, CG luber galon, spray bottles, lusso oro, jetseal, 500w halogen light with tripod, PC 7424 kit, ultimate menzerna kit, grit guards, additional microfiber towels (will not have around 30), carpet cleaning system, adams clay bar
WTB: wheel wax/protectant, additional CCS pads (which ones will i need in addition to black and white?)

thanx for looking!
p.s. how bout a badge wanabe?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see Raggtopp FABRIC protectant in your arsenal. Our tops are made of PVC. You need the vinyl protectant. I'd get that stuff off of your top pronto.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

additional pads needed will be orange (more cut than the white ones) and the red and blue ones can be used to apply wax/sealant if so desired.

waxes/sealants to get: victoria wax/ 1z hartglanz/ jetseal is a good sealant/ swissvax/ Zymol/ wet obsession/ dodo juice/ rubbish boys.

i just got wet obsession lastweek, and should be ordering more hartglanz soon, and want to get victoria's concourse wax!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM

sorry the top protectant isn't pictured nor is lexol, the chamois, and maybe a couple others. the fabric and vinyl cleaner was used on the top (as well as floor mats), but the fabric protectant was used on the carpet and vinyl used on the top

good looking out!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:42 AM

I've heard a bit about how Rain-X is a scam and doesn't really work

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/17/rain-x-...l-grudge-match/
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...w/.ee950dd/107

Stuff like that, also my bro's friend who washes cars and stuff for a living at the moment :S. (Said it didn't really work)
Old 07-26-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good start! you'll be looking at more expensive stuff in no time haha
Old 07-26-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by RedDawnFX,Jul 26 2008, 08:42 AM
I've heard a bit about how Rain-X is a scam and doesn't really work

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/17/rain-x-...l-grudge-match/
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...w/.ee950dd/107

Stuff like that, also my bro's friend who washes cars and stuff for a living at the moment :S. (Said it didn't really work)
Have you ever use it?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:51 PM

Got it in my garage but never use it, can't really recommend anything but I use invisible glass+wax my windows.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:59 PM

^rain-x is basically wax for windows, thats really thinned down. it does work, just can be a pain to buff off. ive found that a freshly cleaned (with IG) windsheild performs about the same as rain-x, but the rain-x lasts much longer.

to the OP, nice job!! gotta a good shine on the S!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:31 PM

rain-x is a scam? ha. i've made several believers out of my friends who didn't say anything to me until they drove in the rain and promptly called me telling me how awesome it is. and as for comments about how it doesn't last as long as it should, comes off too easily if you use wiper blade, etc - the stuff is like 4 bucks for a bottle that'll last you a year. hardly a total rip off.

[QUOTE]SpecC

Quick Reply: MuttGrunt Detail S2k/Accord/Pilot