S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Mr Clean Autodry

Old 08-04-2009, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr Clean Autodry

so i picked up a couple kits of the mr. clean autodry car wash systems....they were only $5 each.

plain and simple....does this thing work? i havent had a chance to give it a shot yet, but if someone says they are amazing for this price, ill go back and get some more.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the reports that we have had here is that the water softener is the best part...
concluded that it is good for folks with hard water, or water spot problems, but that most of us would not use the soap that comes with it and also would still dry our cars off.
primary benefit seems to be for those whose water is not great.
also had responses that you can buy filters that are meant for use on rv's. those are also good filter choices, according to prior reports.

we have also had reports of folks who did like mr. clean-
so kinda mixed reviews in the past.

maybe we will get some updates in this thread.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:58 PM

I got one as a gift and it's been sitting in my garage for a few months. Interested in knowing what people have to say as well. I don't have hard water where I live so it may be useless

LuDawg
Old 08-04-2009, 02:12 PM

i guess i'll have to give it a go...

i would think that the water filter would be perfectly fine, but i'm also skeptical about using the soap. is there any tests that i can do with the soap to see if its any good?

this could potentially help out my washing process a bit, since we have some decently nasty water here that leaves spots galore,

my old washing process used to be, do the full wash, spray off most of the sitting watter with compressed air, and then spray with ONR diluted to QD strength and wipe that dry.

Hopefully this will cut down the need for QD to remove any water spots etc.

Crossing my fingers here haha
Old 08-04-2009, 03:16 PM

bought it for my dad when it first came out, so damn $5 now....great deal.

i honestly thought it would cut the car washing in half, WRONG! the amount of time it takes to rinse the car off with the filtered water takes forever. it's a very weak mist at best, and you'll literally be hovering over the panel you're rinsing for a good 5 minutes just to properly rinse it off. the simple bucket method and regular drying is much faster. i do tend to use it in the winter more often due to the cold weather, but overall, i wouldn't rate it very high, probably a 2 out of 5 at most.

basically, the time you'd normally take to dry a car is the same amount of time, if not more, you'll be spraying down with the filtered water mist.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy hit up the deal on woot's 2 for Tuesday and last week I decided to give it go...
They outcome was horrible and I wouldnt wish the use of this on my worst enemy, what a POS. Not only was the F'in thing made from cheap cheap material, but it also restricts water pressure. Personally I have never seen so much filth left over from any other product. I might have save 5 minutes, but I would have been happier with the car prior to wash.

Two Thousand and more thumbs down.....stay away!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 AM

I don't think it's a great product, but for the money it is ok. I use it on the daily drivers and save my good stuff for the S.