S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Mothers Power Polish/Power Wax

Old 08-30-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mothers Power Polish/Power Wax

I saw this stuff @ AUtozone today and it claims you can use it with both a high speed buffer or a random orbital. Right now all I have is a hand-held random orbital and I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully used this stuff with something less powerful than a PC.

thanks.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wondering why you think your machine is less powerful than a pc?

what brand do you have? the pc is the standard for random orbitals... but others can be used until the pc can be obtained-

any polish can be used with any machine, and can also be used by hand. that said, and having experience with all choices, my preferences from worst to best:

1. by hand is the worst choice, but it can be done. my experience is that you have to really work it - my hand and arms were sore after a very small area (many years ago). i will do very small areas by hand today (usually if i am just trying to get a specific spot), but i always find that the pc is a better choice even for small areas... cause it will usually fix the problem easily while the hand method takes a long time and doesnt always get it.

2. random orbital other than pc- most likely gonna be o.k. in the short run. much better than by hand. depending on the machine, prob the main disadvantage is the strength of the machine- but still better than by hand. some machines burn out easily, and some dont have enough power...

3. the pc- works and keeps on working!

and after your have lotsa pc experience, you can try a non rotary... dont try it on an important car the first time and keep the speed down until you really know the machine and its limits. it can burn paint if you are not careful. much more expensive of a lesson than just using a pc!