S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Micro-Restore Detergent

Old 08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro-Restore Detergent

Anyone had any experience on this product?

Been sniffing around Autopia and I have noticed it before, just after an effective detergent for my collection of towels and this seems an option. Any opinions on this including alternatives?

Oh and I'm based in the UK so probably be an import
Old 08-12-2005, 05:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cant read the label, but i use the sonus mf cleaner and it works great...
Old 08-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Xd

So would you say that it is worth while investing in some speciality MF detergent, or just stick with the normal liquid detergent and setting for a cool wash.

I have a few stains in mine even after several washes. so I wouldn't mine getting them to look sparkling again. They feel pretty soft as I put them in the tumble on a low setting for half an hour.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:24 AM

any updates from anyone using this micro-restore? i'm also looking for a good microfiber cleaner and this is one of the options and it only costs half the price of pinnacle rejuvenator on autogeek.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:21 AM

this is the stuff that i use... and it works great-

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-550.html

i would be interested in reading a review comparing various mf cleaning products-

mikeyc- got another one to add to your list!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jooboy,Nov 7 2006, 11:24 AM
any updates from anyone using this micro-restore? i'm also looking for a good microfiber cleaner and this is one of the options and it only costs half the price of pinnacle rejuvenator on autogeek.
I haven't used Micro-Restore, but it seems to be a popular choice among guys on the detailing boards. I have used the Sonus and Pinnacle microfiber washes and I can say the Pinnacle wash is a little more effective as it takes out more stains and leaves the towels a little softer. I do remember someone doing a comparison test between a couple different MF washes either on Autopia or Detail City a while back. I'm sure if you search you'll find it.

No matter what soap you use make sure to wash your towels in warm water as that will help loosen dirt, grease, polish, etc. from the fibers of your towel. I also recommend throwing in a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white vinegar in during the rinse cycle. The vinegar will make your towels much softer and help to release any remaining residue in the fibers.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:47 AM

I have read about the vinegar in your other post MikeyC. Now my question is my washer and dryer in my place is also used to clean my clothes. My fear is if I use the vinegar for my mirocfiber towels that the vinegar will still be in the washer so when I wash my clothes I will smell like a walking salad lol. Just wondering what you do. Thanks.

Mike
Old 11-07-2006, 09:23 AM

around here if you walked around smelling like that, people will think there's a vinegaroon close by... when they feel threatened they blast a stink bomb that smells like vinegar!

Old 11-07-2006, 10:06 AM

pretty funny jooboy-

s2000x- i rinse mine twice...
and usually have to wipe out the machine anyway (after the first rinse) cause it gets a ring around it from the grime on the rags!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is ONE NASTY LOOKING BUG!

Quick Reply: Micro-Restore Detergent