S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Menzerna Final Polish II

Old 10-01-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Menzerna Final Polish II

Manufacturer's Product Description:
This polish can be used after compounding or anytime as a preparatory step to waxing. Menzerna Final Polish II removes old wax, minor spider webbing and creates a clean, smooth, highly reflective surface.
Improved for 2004: The factory made a very slight change in this product for the US market. They added some lubricating oils to keep the product wetter, allowing longer polishing. This may be an advantage if you live in a climate of high heat and/or humidity (Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc.). While this change was very small we felt we should identify this as a change because the original formula Final Polish is still being sold to body shops and the OEM market. We asked the factory in Germany to make this change because we felt it made the polish more user friendly for the enthusiast.
Final Polish II contains no wax, glaze, fillers or silicones. Minor spider webbing is removed, not just covered-up. Paint gloss is improved by polishing the surface to a micro-smooth, highly reflective finish, not by adding a glaze of silicone oils.
Final Polish II accomplishes this with micro-fine, precision milled, mineral abrasives, not with strong solvent cleaners. Menzerna Final Polish II is a water-based polish, safe for fresh paint or factory cured paint with or without a clear coat. It will not affect the curing process of new paint and will not create swirls. Used after compounding, Final Polish II will completely remove compounding haze (surface dullness) and restore a high gloss, swirl-free finish.
Final Polish II restores gloss to black and red finishes without creating polishing lines. This is a true, professional, finishing polish. Most domestic polishes hide minor swirls with fillers and increase surface gloss with gloss agents. Menzerna Final Polish II removes fine swirls (when applied by machine) and creates gloss the old-fashioned way, by burnishing the surface to a mirror-like finish.
Menzerna designed this polish to be applied with a dual-action (Porter Cable 7424) polisher or a circular polisher but it can be applied by hand. For best results, always work in a shaded area, out of direct sunlight.

Price:
$15.95 (16 oz.) $25.95 (32 oz.) ProperAutoCare.com

Packaging Info:
Typical Menzerna square bottle with a flip up spout. The directions are rather short and lack the detail needed.

Color/Scent:
FP2 is a purple color with no discernable scent.

How I used it:
See the link in my signature to read up about the technique I use with the PC. I've used the polish multiple times but typically with an orange Edge pad when more cutting action is needed or a blue or white Edge pad when I'm just looking to "jewel" the surface.

Thoughts:
IMO FPII is one of the best finishing polishes money can buy. It works well on soft or hard paints and really excels at removing "buffer haze" from compounding. Also, it leaves the paint EXTREMELY wet looking with a decently deep shine. Also, unique to this polish is that it leaves the surface literally squeeky clean. There are no fillers in this polish what so ever and little polishing oils.

The down side to the lesser amount of oils in this polish is that it has a relatively short working time. The working time of FPII is longer than that of other Menzerna polishes, but no where near as long as other brands of polish. However, even in the short amount of working time this polish is VERY effective.

Additionally, there is little to no dusting with this polish if not over worked. Removal of this polish is fairly easy but can be a bear if worked even slightly too long.

Overall, this is one of my favorite finishing polishes. The look it leaves is very impressively wet and shiny. The result does lack some depth, but overall it's a very pleasing shine IMO. The low dusting is great and the short working time allows me to polish the entire car in less time. Plus, it's GREAT that there are no fillers in this polish because I can see that I am actually removing defects rather than filling them. The one downside is that this product ABSOLUTELY cannot be used in direct sunlight. Also, the bottle it comes in is AWFUL. The spout is TERRIBLE and the shape of the bottle makes it hard to get all the polish out. I always re-bottle this polish or buy it in a larger size and fill up a smaller bottle for use.

Before & Afters . . .
This is a test spot after using Menzerna IP and Menzerna FPII
Old 10-01-2006, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice results
Old 10-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, agreed-
one of my favs too!!
(good review as usual)