S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Menzerna

Old 08-16-2012, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Menzerna

Hi,

Im new to self polishing and waxing and think it would be fun to start doing it myself. I just purchased the PC kit below and would like to know what's a good wax/sealant to use after I use the 3rd product (finishing glaze)? Or is that all I need to get a nice finish.

Any particular wax brand I should try?

http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-por...mum-shine.html

Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Old 08-16-2012, 02:09 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Lusso Oro is my preferred wax. Or try Griots Garage Best of Show wax.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use 4 star Ultimate Paint Protection. Duration is exceptional, especially if layered.
I am less on depth of shine. If prepped correctly-clayed, ploished, then the polymer sealants are solid on the gloss and stellar on the durability.

4 star UPP
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 AM

So after im done using the intensive polish, final finish and glaze I can apply the wax without a problem? Is there a period of time I need to wait?

Sent from my iPad
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Former Moderator

My opinion is glaze is waste of time and money with the new polishes. Autogeek likes to push products but i don't see many professionals using glaze anymore. They are loaded with fillers that hide problems but come back with washing.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubetit
My opinion is glaze is waste of time and money with the new polishes. Autogeek likes to push products but i don't see many professionals using glaze anymore. They are loaded with fillers that hide problems but come back with washing.
Couldn't agree more. Glaze is a temp fix. The real fix is to remove the scratches or swirls. Then put on protection.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by I.tamdinh
So after im done using the intensive polish, final finish and glaze I can apply the wax without a problem? Is there a period of time I need to wait?Sent from my iPad
Wax over your sealant is an excellent method. And you can apply multiple thin coats of wax, depending on the particular wax, you don't have to wait to lightly remove each coat with your microfiber cloth.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Originally Posted by I.tamdinh' timestamp='1345135665' post='21941962
So after im done using the intensive polish, final finish and glaze I can apply the wax without a problem? Is there a period of time I need to wait?Sent from my iPad
Wax over your sealant is an excellent method. And you can apply multiple thin coats of wax, depending on the particular wax, you don't have to wait to lightly remove each coat with your microfiber cloth.
so use the intensive polish, then final finish and follow by wax? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right the first time. Thanks
Old 08-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Yes, you can then wax, or as you stated in the prior post also wax over your sealant. Do check the curing time on the sealant, if you go that route, before adding the wax coat(s).
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 PM

Depends on the condition of your paint. I use various types of waxes on customer cars. I try to use Swissvax on all cars. Usually, the owners of exotic cars choose the more expensive wax. I typically use Collinite or Dodo Juice Supernatural on most vehicles. Don't use too much wax. The least amount is the best. I also recommend applying by hand instead of machine. You can use a machine with the correct pad. Although you don't need to work the wax in like a polish or compound. Set the machine to a low speed.

Quick Reply: Menzerna