S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Meguiar's Quick Detailer - Interior

Old 04-23-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar's Quick Detailer - Interior

Anybody use the Meguiar's interior cleaner - it was accidentally put on the dash and it made the dash dull - I have the gold class for leather, I tried to fix the dash with that but it didn't work now the dash looks dull.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:33 PM

dont use cheap stuff on interior. get 303 or adams vrt or enzitt...something that has uv protection and wont mess things up
Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yup meguiar's quick interior detailer has been known to dry out the dash. i use it to clean a dirty dash and always follow up with 303. have heard nothing but great things about 1z cockpit premium though, am going to add it to my next order from detailersdomain!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:10 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I switched over from that to their Vynil and Rubber stuff because of the drying issue. Its a nice cleaner but you should use some thing afterwords. DOn't stress it didnt ruine your dash or anything. BTW What the hell were you thinking using Megs leather cleaner on dash board anyways?

Anyways........... Go buy Vynil spray product and cover your dashboard with that using, apply/buff off method. I sudgest you wash your dashboard with warm water first to get rid off leather spray.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by tekstar,Apr 23 2008, 03:51 PM
yup meguiar's quick interior detailer has been known to dry out the dash. i use it to clean a dirty dash and always follow up with 303. have heard nothing but great things about 1z cockpit premium though, am going to add it to my next order from detailersdomain!
That's news to me!

I've been using Megs QID since it came out and I've never experienced it drying out anything. In fact, I love that it takes the shine off of plastic/rubber/vinyl. IMO the fact that it makes surfaces look matte and not shiny is a plus. To me matte=like new. I can't remember ever picking up a new car and seeing a shiny dashboard.

Just because you can buy Meguiar's at a local store doesn't mean that it's a bad product. Quite a bit of the stuff they make is excellent in fact.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Apr 23 2008, 06:08 PM
That's news to me!

I've been using Megs QID since it came out and I've never experienced it drying out anything. In fact, I love that it takes the shine off of plastic/rubber/vinyl. IMO the fact that it makes surfaces look matte and not shiny is a plus. To me matte=like new. I can't remember ever picking up a new car and seeing a shiny dashboard.

Just because you can buy Meguiar's at a local store doesn't mean that it's a bad product. Quite a bit of the stuff they make is excellent in fact.
You know, it surprised me too when I first heard it. Another member posted a link to a discussion on another forum discussing how QID dries out the dash. Unfortunately I did a quick search and couldn't find the thread...

But I do agree with you, I use many of Meguiar's products
Old 04-23-2008, 06:15 PM

I used two bottles of Meguiar's Quick Detailer before I finally read some reviews on it and realized that it was making my dash dry and blah. So then I switched over to DP cleaner and protector and it works great!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by EOE,Apr 23 2008, 03:10 PM
I switched over from that to their Vynil and Rubber stuff because of the drying issue. Its a nice cleaner but you should use some thing afterwords. DOn't stress it didnt ruine your dash or anything. BTW What the hell were you thinking using Megs leather cleaner on dash board anyways?

Anyways........... Go buy Vynil spray product and cover your dashboard with that using, apply/buff off method. I sudgest you wash your dashboard with warm water first to get rid off leather spray.
My gf was trying to 'help" I didn't think she was going to try and polish the dash - I I wasn't under the impression that it was Vynil or need a Vynil cleaner I was like "yeah babe you can clean the inside" then she's like

"uh oh it looks dull"
then I'm like
"why didn't you stop after the first little bit?"
"quick hit it with the leather cleaner to make it shine"

Then it was too late.

I guess I'll wait for it to evaporate and hit it with a Vynil cleaner.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:49 PM

you just need some 303 protectant...

wipe the dash with a microfiber towel
apply some 303 to a microfiber towel and spread/buff over the dash. turn the towel over and wipe the dash to leave a matte finish. apply again if you want more shine
Old 04-24-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Detailer is for exterior painted surface use ONLY! I can't believe you people

I use the Meguiars red bottle for the dash. Whatever it's called. Works extremely well.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Quick Detailer - Interior