S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing

Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar's Hyper Dressing

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Meguiars Hyper Dressing produces the highest shine possible on tires and exterior rubber and plastic trim. This industry first, water-based dressing can be diluted with water to adjust the level of shine. Meguiars Hyper Dressing is safe, versatile, and a great value.

Meguiars Hyper Dressing is perfect for professional detailers and avid hobbyists. Not only is it available in a money-saving gallon size, this is the first tire dressing that can be diluted with water up to 4:1.

Choose from four possible finishes with Meguiars Hyper Dressing:
High Gloss 1:1
Medium Gloss 2:1
Satin Finish 3:1
Natural Finish 4:1

Meguiars Hyper Dressing used at its lowest dilution ratio produces the highest shine available in a water-based dressing. This type of gloss was formerly only available from silicone dressings but Meguiars has duplicated the high gloss shine with this safe, water-based tire dressing.

To dilute Meguiars Hyper Dressing, use a Pro-Blend Bottle Proportioner for 128 oz. bottles. This measuring device makes it easy to get the proper dilution ratio of your favorite bulk products.

Apply Meguiars Hyper Dressing using a Cobra Tire Dressing Applicator and wipe off excess to prevent sling-off. The dressing can also be used to detail engine components and exterior rubber trim. Wipe off overspray immediately. For best results, reapply after every wash.

Meguiars Hyper Dressing has the highest dilution ratio of any dilutable tire dressing, making it an excellent value. For a little shine or a lot, Meguiars Hyper Dressing will give you the exact finish you want in a safe, water-based formula.

Price:
$39.99

Packaging Info:
Typical Meguiar's Detailer Line gallon jug. Product name is on one side and the other has a product description, MSDS ratings, and some limited directions. The bottle also features a child proof top.

Color/Scent:
Hyper Dressing is milky white and smells like cherries.

How I used it:
I diluted the concentrated Hyper Dressing 3:1 in a spray bottle and sprayed it on (engine bay and wheel wells) and walked away without wiping.

Thoughts:
Wow! This product is a serious winner. Every time I try a product from the Megiuar's Detailer Line I end up liking it and this one is no exception!!

It is fantastic for dressing engine bays and wheel wells. Diluted at 3:1 it makes a nice dark black look with a light shine. Once sprayed on it looks white but after a couple of minutes of drying the white is completely gone. Plus, it dries non-greasy when not applied heavily.

The best part is . . . it's cheap! Diluting the concentrate at 3:1 should result in 4 gallons of dressing. $10 per gallon of dressing is an awfully good deal considering the high quality of this product.

One thing to note . . . I've read on Meguiar's On-Line that Hyper Dressing has little to no UV protection in it. So, I would not use it on tires or dashboards. UV protection is not needed in wheel wells and engine bays.

Before & Afters . . .

Nice dark wheel wells . . .
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its good stuff and the ability to use different strengths is a big plus, imo...
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Feb 22 2007, 12:22 AM
its good stuff and the ability to use different strengths is a big plus, imo...
Don't forget cheap too.

I've been looking for something to use instead of CD2 Engine Detailer in engine bays and I think this is it! CD2 is just a major PITA to find and at $8 a can when I can find it I just don't think it's worth it.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM

Where did you buy this from? This is the next item on my list to buy, i'm glad you had good results with it. I was just about to ask if it is a good alternative to CD2 but I think the 3rd post answered my questions!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by YZER,Feb 22 2007, 01:59 PM
Where did you buy this from? This is the next item on my list to buy, i'm glad you had good results with it. I was just about to ask if it is a good alternative to CD2 but I think the 3rd post answered my questions!
I got it at Autogeek when they had the 15% off and free shipping (over $75) deal. So, I paid $34 shipped for it. If this is all you're buying then you might want to compare prices with AutoDetailingSolutions.com. They have the best Meguiar's prices on the web but Meguiar's is really all they carry. Otherwise, shoot me a PM and I can send you some Autogeek coupon codes to use.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Xd

As a professional detailer I have been using this for years. It makes life a lot easier and the ability to adjust the shine is really useful.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 PM

hmmm ... you realize this is a 3 year old thread right? (if so, please disregard my reply) ...

Oake
Old 07-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Xd

Consider it disregarded.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just bought a gallon and really dislike the stuff

it's water based - one rain storm and the tires look like crap, seems to attract too much dust on the interior and i use cd2 on the engine bay

i guess if i had to say anything good it smells nice
Old 07-21-2010, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, If you don't need it, you could send it my way. I'm getting low.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Hyper Dressing