S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Meguiar's Deep Crystal System (3-Steps)

Old 05-19-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar's Deep Crystal System (3-Steps)

I am looking to do a major detaling job on my S2000 this Memorial Day Weekend. I have been looking for a good polish that will remove light swirls by hand. I came across Meguiar's Deep Crystal Sytem that is a 3-Step process. Has anyone ever used this? What is your take on it? Or is there something else I should be buying instead? I'm skeptical about buying car care products from Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, etc... That is why I'm asking about the Mequiar's products.

Any recommendations?

Step 1 - Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Step 2 - Deep Crystal Polish
Step 3 - Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax
Old 05-19-2008, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are looking for over the counter (OTC) products, try to find Meguiars Mirror Glaze Line. It's a tad bit more in price, but better quality than the deep crystal products.

Also, the glod class shampoo is a decent car wash for the money, and gold class liquid wax has carnuba in it.

If you want to order on-line, well, the choices are endless.

Good luck, and post up some before and after pics of the detail
Old 05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Just to prove a point that Meguiars is great products....

NXT 2.0 Sealant + layer of Gold Class Carnuba Wax =
Now imagine if I used cleaner and Polish. Needs to be done too.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always used Meguiar's... have so since about 2001! haha, and I'm 22.. puts that into perspective, eh?

Honestly, my personal opinion about waxes, etc.. is that the final appearance relies on how well you prepped, and did the follow-through with your practices, and how you went about the wax job.. You could be using $100/bottle wax, and still not know a THING about waxing, and turn out a terrible wax job and say "Hey, this wax blows!"... BS, I've seen some pro's use cheap autozone stuff, and make a car look incredible...

Then again, the right combo of good product and a quality job = teh secks

I recommend Meguiar's any day man.. buy some and let us know how it works out for ya!!

Best regards,
Tylor W.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been using meguiars for over a decade, but there are some products that far exceed there's and don't cost 100 bucks a bottle. I do agree, proper prep is the key. I still use some meguiars stuff, but I order from a disrtibutor online, and its mostly prep and cleaning stuff. Don't really use there waxes/glazes that often anymore.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:54 PM

I think I am gonna go ahead and try the Meguiar's. I'm just gonna take my time and do what the directions say. I suppose it is best to apply all of this in the shade. I'll take some pictures and hopefully I can get my Wacko badge.

I'm still open to other recommendations. I haven't bought anything yet.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:50 PM

meguiars makes great inexpensive products. my current process is wash with gc soap, clay with megs qd, then M80 (preceed by M83 if the swirls are bad). i usually follow this with nxt 2.0, but i'll probably change to a better sealant for the winter months. i've used a porter cable for the last couple of details, but i have had good results with M80 by hand followed by M7 which is a glaze.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Yes, shade helps, and make sure your body and paint is cool to the touch!!! you don't want a hot hood to apply wax to!! it'll be such a bare to remove!!!! More than likely, it'll cause more harm than good!!

I'd recommend, if you have a nice garage to pull into, or even a parking garage.. do it there!! Make sure you have ample lighting also!! If not, I'd suggest having some of those pop-up work lights, like on the christmas tree stand!? Those work great!

Good luck man!!

Best regards,
Tylor
Old 05-19-2008, 06:03 PM

I am sort of limited to garage/coverd areas being a college student in an appartment complex. I plan to wake up really early and get started on it before te the sun gets everything to hot. I think I am gonna go with the NXT 2.0 instead of the sealant I mentioned but still use the other two products as well.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:13 PM

Go for it man!! try and take some before and after shots for us!!
GL!!

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Deep Crystal System (3-Steps)