S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Meguiar's Car Care Products OK?

Old 01-14-2001, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino and Zymol products are hard to find on the shelf here in Knoxville. Would Meguiar's car care products be just as good or reasonable substitute until I can order Zaino products. One reason I ask is that I've seen in other posts that people have been waiting since before Christmas to receive Zaino products. My main need right now is a car wash to take the brake dust off after some hard driving the past 2 weekends.
Old 01-14-2001, 08:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hoser
[B] Would Meguiar's car care products be just as good or reasonable substitute until I can order Zaino products.

Hoser: Meguiar's products are top quality. IMHO, hard to beat for ease of application and quality of results. Head and shoulders above popular, local store products.

dgl1
Old 01-14-2001, 08:23 PM

I've been using Meguiar's products since I got my car in November. No problems or complaints.
Old 01-15-2001, 09:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer Meguiar's to the other products I've used.
Old 01-15-2001, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using Mequiar's Professional and Medallion line of products with great success. The lower lines (red bottles) I would stay away from.
Old 01-16-2001, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Nimbus
I've been using Mequiar's Professional and Medallion line of products with great success. The lower lines (red bottles) I would stay away from.
What's the difference between the stuff in the red bottles and that in the yellow ones? Which is best?
Old 01-16-2001, 06:43 PM

Meguiars is a great product. Used it for several years as a result of CU rating. Most recent test have Zymol ahead. I haven't had bad info. from their testing. Using Zymol product now. Can't find them localy so I order off the net.
Old 01-17-2001, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 1Y2KS2K
Originally posted by Nimbus
What's the difference between the stuff in the red bottles and that in the yellow ones? Which is best?
Although I don't know the exact formulation differences, the red bottles are supposed to be their lowest generic line of products. Next is the Professional line in yellow bottles. Top of the line are the Medallion in black bottles. You can check on Meguiar's site: http://www.meguiars.com/
Old 01-17-2001, 08:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nimbus
[B]
Although I don't know the exact formulation differences, the red bottles are supposed to be their lowest generic line of products.
Old 01-20-2001, 10:13 AM

I have been particularly happy with the results I get from Meguiar's Quik Detailer (for dust and rainspots between washings), and Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax. I managed to get 2 coats of the Gold Class Wax on my red/black late last Fall, and I thought it looked pretty damn good. However, the rave reviews of the Zaino products are so loud and clear that I have to give it a shot. So this Spring, that's what its gonna be.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Car Care Products OK?