S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

mc guire products

Old 05-05-2002, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mc guire products

does anyone use mc guire products i use to use it on my eclipse and it seemed to work really well does anyone know if its bad for your car like the mc guire quick detail spray and there wash products?
Old 05-05-2002, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by s2k Desi
does anyone use mc guire products i use to use it on my eclipse and it seemed to work really well does anyone know if its bad for your car like the mc guire quick detail spray and there wash products?
Are you saying the quick detailer and car wash are bad? I hope not. That's what I use. I like Maguire's products and have used them for years. Although you will probably be getting a lot of advice from Zaino users very soon.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:37 AM

no im not saying there bad ive always used there products i just wanna make sure that its not bad for ur car because i was buying the detail spray and some guy at the store was like you shouldnt use that on ur car it destroys the paint i havent noticed anything ive been using it for a while but just wanted to if anyone has any bad experiences with there products
Old 05-05-2002, 02:01 PM

I think the guy at the store is an idiot. Unless a product states that it is not for use on clear coat paint, go ahead and use it. I just wouldn't recommend a polish. Polishing has an abrasive and is not good for a new car. Especially if it is polished a lot. Just use a wax or other type of coating.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no im not saying there bad ive always used there products i just wanna make sure that its not bad for ur car because i was buying the detail spray and some guy at the store was like you shouldnt use that on ur car it destroys the paint i havent noticed anything ive been using it for a while but just wanted to if anyone has any bad experiences with there products
I am very impressed with their new GOLD CLASS Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax. I used it the other day, so I can't say how long it is going to last, yet, but THE SHINE is incredible. It seems to be a combination of polymer and carnauba waxes. I also use their GOLD CLASS car wash and their instant detail spray. At the last local get together, everyone wanted to know what I had used to make my car look so good, but it looks better, now than it did then! Meguiar's claims that this is the most reflective wax in their history.

I see no reason why we shouldn't be using their products.

Good luck,
Bob
Old 05-05-2002, 07:19 PM

McGuires os an excellent WAX. Please note that it is not a polish liek ZAINO. I found with McGuire's you need to use more product and depending on driving conditions you may need to apply it more frequently. If this is fine with you then yes it is a great product.

I am now a converted ZAINO user. The cost is much more up front; however I only need to reapply once every 6 months and 1 oz gives me 3 coats. Over long run ZAINO is cheaper and shine is much deeper. I have just given away all my McGuires.
Old 05-07-2002, 06:41 AM

i was buying the detail spray and some guy at the store was like you shouldnt use that on ur car it destroys the paint
i understand your asking - but did this guy at the store work there? or was he just in the car care aisle at the same time as you?

i hang out there , at the local Pep Boys type store on saturday morn, when their new flyer comes out - BUT i dont bother the customers . . . i like the looks of confusion as they read the packages and wonder what they need. (yea, Im cruel that way)

there are so many things going through my mind that i would have said to the guy (personally) - that Im getting dizzy just thinking about them

Even though its been a couple of years since i last used a Meguiars product - i would likely be still using them if i hadnt seen the light - the detail spray isnt going to hurt your paint -

they make a fine line of wax products - nothing harmful unless you misuse it - or want it to be harmful, like an abrasive to remove some things . .
Old 05-07-2002, 06:43 AM

Meguiar's #17 Clear Plastic polish is the best I've found for removing scratches from the plastic rear window.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:08 AM

The only problem I have using the Quick Detailer product is it seems kinda tuff to buff out.Now this may be because MYS2000 is black and spots missed show up more,or I may be using to much...I think it's a little of both.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:29 PM

See this
comparison of the following products:

Meguiars Gold Class
Cheap Version Zymol (made by TurtleWax)
Expensive Version Zymol
Zaino Z1/Z2
Absolutely nothing (a control).

The reviewer tried hard to be fair, having people over and getting their opinions too.

Zaino won pretty easily. Zymol was pretty good (both versions -- cheap Zymol actually got rated higher than the expensive stuff).

Meguiars, however, was a clear last.

Quick Reply: mc guire products