S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

A Little Guidance

Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Little Guidance

Help a brotha..

As I'm building up my car care products. I have no earthly idea on how to go about using in the proper steps(.i.e. what come frist, second, and so on). What I got now is Zanio AIO and Adam's Brilliant Spray Glaze, but I'm about to order is P21S 100% Carnauba Wax, 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover. I also have a clay bar boxed up that I didn't get around to using on my old car. So how would I work all these products in?

Wash
Clay bar

Now should I go with swirl remover, Spray glaze, Zanio AIO, and then P21? This where I am stuck at.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

zaino aio
swirl remover
glaze
p21s
Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its all opinion, but i think i would go more like:

wash/ dry
inspect- are you sure you need to clay and polish? if so,
clay
3m
zaino aio ( http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...duct_Code=Z-AIO )
zaino z2
p21s

zaino aio is meant to help bond the z2 to the car- i realize that its not necessary to go z2, but for me if i am going to go zaino aio then why not use that combo... (i am always looking for the biggest pop)

the adams spray glaze isnt really a glaze, its more like a detailers spray... great for keeping the shine after the car is detailed.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-25-brillian...glaze-16oz.aspx
so you dont need it during the first detail, unless you want to spray it over your p21s (i dont think i would until a few days later when you are ready for a touch up- then you would dust the car-light flicking- and wipe it down with the glaze, a clean mf and front to back motions)
Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How hard is going to be for me to work these product into the paint by hand? I know with polishes if they're not work into the paint well enough you'll get the haze effect, in which, I'm really concern about when doing it by hand. Also when using the polish by hand, do I want to use the front to back motion .i.e. going with wind of the car?

I already know it'll need a little bit of car care work. I bought a month ago and I went to the store to get oil for an oil change. When close my trunk I notice swirls, I thought to myself well great another project. I know the people who had it wax it because I can see wax residue where they bump the trunk tail light.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoic,Mar 2 2008, 09:26 AM
How hard is going to be for me to work these product into the paint by hand? I know with polishes if they're not work into the paint well enough you'll get the haze effect, in which, I'm really concern about when doing it by hand. Also when using the polish by hand, do I want to use the front to back motion .i.e. going with wind of the car?

I already know it'll need a little bit of car care work. I bought a month ago and I went to the store to get oil for an oil change. When close my trunk I notice swirls, I thought to myself well great another project. I know the people who had it wax it because I can see wax residue where they bump the trunk tail light.
been there done that and no way jose for me!!

your hands, arms and chest will be so sore in two days you will be drinking heavily!!
(if you do it right)

post up in your local forum that you have the products, but need someone with a machine and know how. you will supply refreshments - by far my most popular suggestion. i get lotsa thank yous for this one. try it and thank me!!

if you have to do it by hand, yes front to back like the wind... just like you finish up with the machine.

btw, the worst experience i had (in the good old days) was when i learned by hand. first time i did all that work, body fell apart, but the car still wasnt what i wanted it to be! (still some light swirls in some places). the machine gives much better consistency and its easy to go back and get what you missed after the second inspection.

-------

oh, btw, be sure to get lotsa pics of the process to post back here and share with us

(and also the pics and a pm to me will get you a wacko badge)
Old 03-02-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabe,Mar 2 2008, 07:50 AM
its all opinion, but i think i would go more like:

wash/ dry
inspect- are you sure you need to clay and polish? if so,
clay
3m
zaino aio ( http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...duct_Code=Z-AIO )
zaino z2
p21s

zaino aio is meant to help bond the z2 to the car- i realize that its not necessary to go z2, but for me if i am going to go zaino aio then why not use that combo... (i am always looking for the biggest pop)

the adams spray glaze isnt really a glaze, its more like a detailers spray... great for keeping the shine after the car is detailed.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-25-brillian...glaze-16oz.aspx
so you dont need it during the first detail, unless you want to spray it over your p21s (i dont think i would until a few days later when you are ready for a touch up- then you would dust the car-light flicking- and wipe it down with the glaze, a clean mf and front to back motions)
ahh i thought the 3m would go after since it is a glaze... wouldn't the zaino aio take out all of the fillers from the 3m?