S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Is Lexol still the recommended leather seat cleaner/conditioner?

Old 03-28-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 137 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I wasn't aware of Lexol making a Vinylex product, but yeah that would be good and with UV protection that sounds pretty decent. Lexol's leather treatment product does not have UV protection. The other option is to use Lexol leather product and top it with a protectant for UV protection like 303 Aero.

I hope silicates are long gone from most leather products by now, that was a very old school approach that Armourall Started. Most of the good leather products are using natural ingredients and water based, not petroleum based. Products like Vinylex and 303 Aero work fine on the seats as they are partly coated with materials that are vinyl based.
oops I chose the wrong one. Thereve been other posts where I was lead to believe it had uv protection. There’s this one The non-darkening formula of LEXOL All Leather Quick Care makes it the perfect product to care for even light-colored leathers. It also has UV protectant added to guard your leather from harsh elements like dirt, sun, and heat. It also helps prevent drying and cracking.
https://www.lexol.com/product/leathe...ck-care-169-oz

so maybe use the cleaner once a year and then this a couple times a year to maintain?
Old 03-28-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by hatsubai
I like Leatherique for deep cleans and then Colourlock for maint. The entire Leatherique process is a pain, but the seats come out great once finally restored. Colourlock's foam is much better than sprays for leather, I've found. Swisswax isn't bad, either, though. I haven't used Lexol in a very long time, so no clue if the formula has changed, but it's not as good as the aforementioned products in my experience.
I’ve read a lot of good stuff about leatherique but also the lengthy process and was hoping there were other good comparable things that took less time but still gave great results.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:49 PM

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,023 Posts

I have found Leather Honey cleaner and conditioner really quite good on all things leather. However, as stated above the "leather" in our cars is leather bonded to plastic material. Leather Honey has no UV protection to my knowledge.

The leather in European cars tends to be real compared to Japanese stuff.
The following 2 users liked this post by cosmomiller:
Quahogboy (03-28-2021), zeroptzero (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 03:57 PM

Received 3,767 Likes on 2,658 Posts

The reason I stress UV protection is because this is a convertible vehicle and the large majority of S2000 drivers go top down frequently. I was a hardtop guy so my seats didn't get as much exposure.

I find the Lexol smell a bit strong but some people don't seem to mind it.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:40 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Quahogboy (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
The reason I stress UV protection is because this is a convertible vehicle and the large majority of S2000 drivers go top down frequently. I was a hardtop guy so my seats didn't get as much exposure.

I find the Lexol smell a bit strong but some people don't seem to mind it.
thanks for the input. I definitely want uv protection so will make sure to go that route. I need to smell the Lexol in store to see if that’s what the dealer used as I didn’t like 8t much and took months to dissipate.

Anyone use the Honda leather conditioner?
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-28-2021, 06:14 PM

@HondaOwnerForLife - looks good, what are you using?
Old 03-28-2021, 06:22 PM

Oh and I forgot to mention this thread where this owner in AZ using Lexol said it wasn’t working anymore.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-in...works-1190482/
Old 03-29-2021, 04:35 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Quahogboy
@HondaOwnerForLife - looks good, what are you using?
Well I cheated. I replaced the original leather/vinyl that after 20 years was just too hard and dry and slippery for me. These are 100% premium automotive leather. Worth every penny. I use Leather Honey products or Chemical Guys leather care products.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather magic

Originally Posted by Quahogboy
So I’ve been searching a lot of the threads on this forum. Many from a decade or so ago highly recommend Lexol over and over. I look at the recent reviews on Amazon and there are several recent 1 star reviews where the product is “not what it used to be”, comes out splotchy, leaves residue etc. I want like new oem look with good uv protection and that “leather” smell. When I bought it the Toyota dealer detailed the car and the interior had an unpleasant smell that I believe is whatever they used on the seats. Took a while for it to subside. Any thoughts on the best, simple option that checks most if not all of these boxes? I wouldn’t post this if my searches gave me a definitive answer but I’m more confused than when I started. Never had leather seats before this car and now I have the S and a 2019 Pilot that I need to clean and protect. Thanks!

I use leather cleaner and a conditioner from LeatherMagic.com. Also bought their vinyl care products for the dash and other plastic parts, in part because they offer a low sheen option. UV protectant built in and also offered as a separate product. So far I’m satisfied.
The following users liked this post:
Quahogboy (03-31-2021)

Quick Reply: Is Lexol still the recommended leather seat cleaner/conditioner?