S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

The leather care kit we

Old 05-14-2002, 04:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Starting next week, we'll be offering Townsend Leather's Care and Cleaning Kit for Finished Leather.

This kit contains all the materials you need to care for the leather on your S2000 as well as any other leather goods you may have. The kit includes Leather Cleaner in the form of pre-moistened wipes; Conditioner and Protector in the form of a wipe-on cream; Ink and Stain Remover in the form of a rubbing stick that removes scuff stains, lipstick, grease, ink, and other difficult stains; and a buffing cloth for quick cleaning and buffing of finished leather. The kit comes with detailed instructions for the use of each of these items as well as extensive instructions for the care and maintenance of finished leather.

Most of the leather products sold in auto stores are actually bad for leather. Most of these products encourage the accumulation of dirt in the leather pores and accelerate the drying out and cracking of the leather. Take saddle soap, for example. It's one of the worse things you can use on your seats.

Townsend's care and cleaning kit is probably the best thing you can do to preserve and extend the life of your S2000.

The kit will sell for $38.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long will this kit last someone that washes their car lets say twice a month?

chris
Old 05-14-2002, 09:13 AM

Rick- Sounds great. I'll have to pick one up with my console cover retro-fit. When will you be offering the retro-fit? I still can't get to you web site from S2KI.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great news rick!
i have been waiting to test your leather care products from the day you introduced your console cover and told us that the products would be coming in the future!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We recommend cleaning or treating the leather not more then once a month, so the kit should last a few years.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:22 PM

Is there a link to the site where we can get this kit?
Old 05-21-2002, 01:46 PM

Rick-

How would you say this kit compares to Lexol? I've been using Lexol for a number of years and am pretty satisfied. I need to buy more conditioner and am contemplating buying more Lexol or trying this kit.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:03 AM

Any updates? Or did I miss a new thread some where? GP for this product perhaps"?
Old 07-02-2002, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So has anyone tried this yet??

I ordered it and just used it for the first time. I am pleased with the results. It's very easy to use. Plus...I really like the fact that the leather looks natural when done....no cheesy artificial shine or gloss. The one thing I DON'T like is how the stuff smells. It's a cleaner...what can I expect...not everything smells edible like Zaino. So am I the only one?
Old 07-03-2002, 11:51 AM

i still like lexol =)

Quick Reply: The leather care kit we