S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Leather care- how clean, treat and/or repair

Old 01-31-2007, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noizemaker, You need to use a product called conditioning oil, it is a water based product that is very light, but can make leather as stiff as a board soft and supple after a few applications. Skip the plastic wrap and use this product, it is much different than regular conditioners and it gets the job done.

AJ, some upholstery shops use chalk, others use these special pens, I would call them and see what they use on their particular marking tools. If they recommend anything abrasive such as windex or alcohol or 409, do not use it, it can strip the finish right off your new leather. Ask them first and maybe run it by me, what they use so I can give you a thumbs up.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:57 AM

I didn't see any conditioning oil on your site you linked at the beginning of the thread. Did i miss it or do you not sell it?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ajserrano,Jan 30 2007, 09:38 PM
Quick question:

I just had my seat reupholsterd. They forgot to remove some chalk markings on the leather. I tried Lexol cleaner and some muscle to remove them but it barely improved.

What would you recommend?
The Lexol Cleaner didn't work, but regular Lexol took the writing right out.

Does Lexol have cleaning agent or was it just the oil that took it out?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:53 AM

The conditioning oil can be found at http://www.leatherinstitute.com/comp...ductslist.html

As for the lexol, it could have been the oils in the conditioner that took the marks off. Probably not a water based product that was on the seats, thus the water based cleaner did nothing.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:43 AM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

what is the difference between the conditioning oil and the conditioner in the CCP product?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:57 PM

i have a small crack behind the stearing wheel can it be fix? What can i use to prevent this from happening again?(Car 2 months old/3400miles)
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 AM

Conditioning oil should be used to soften up the leather when necessary, it is actually a much more intensive process than using the CCP. When you use the conditioning oil, you put it on and leave it for about 1-2 days. You can then repeat and leave for another few days. All the while your car is out of commission because you don't want to sit on this stuff.

After you are done your applications and it has sat for a few days, you will then use the leather cleaner to clean the excess that has not penetrated into the leather off. You will then condition the leather as you normally would.

Basically the CCP is an everyday use product for maintenance, the conditioning oil is more of a product to restore.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:34 AM

Blax S...whatever it is, go back to the dealer, if it is a crack, they should replace it at only 2 months old...

If it is out of warranty or something you did where it wouldn't be covered, send me a picture so I can see what would be best.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 2002S2K,Feb 3 2007, 05:33 AM
Conditioning oil should be used to soften up the leather when necessary, it is actually a much more intensive process than using the CCP. When you use the conditioning oil, you put it on and leave it for about 1-2 days. You can then repeat and leave for another few days. All the while your car is out of commission because you don't want to sit on this stuff.

After you are done your applications and it has sat for a few days, you will then use the leather cleaner to clean the excess that has not penetrated into the leather off. You will then condition the leather as you normally would.

Basically the CCP is an everyday use product for maintenance, the conditioning oil is more of a product to restore.
I noticed the Conditioning Oil is a fairly large container. Roughly how many applications can you get out of that, and how many on average will one need to do if the seats are gone far enough to need it?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:11 PM

FT-LC-WAX

Leather wax? Would this be used after conditioner? I like the sound of leather wax!!!!

May be a silly question but, how is the smell of the conditioner?

Quick Reply: Leather care- how clean, treat and/or repair