S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Leather care- how clean, treat and/or repair

Old 04-14-2006, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wine has most likely penetrated the finish, it isn't surface soiling any more, it is a stain. If the cleaner won't do it, you could try the ink/stain remover as it will go a step further. If that fails, you could just finish over the area and it will look like new again...
Old 09-27-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

because of all of the recent new leather threads, moving back up to the top...
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 AM

ok here we go.

I scratched my pax seat with my finger nail this morning. Its barely noticeable, but of course me being a neat freak, i notice it. Can i do anything to get rid of the scratch, its very minor. Help.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:14 AM

pikkashoe, you will need just a small color touchup if going over it with the conditioner does not work. It should take all of about a minute for a skilled technician to get rid of.

First I would try to clean and condition the seat, it may just disappear, but then again if it is heavier it will not and you will need to go to a pro. I just did the same thing the other day to my seat and am going to clean and condition them this weekend, I will see what happens and get back to you.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:45 PM

I plan on doing what you said. Cleaning first with wet clean microfiber towel, then hitting it with lexol and then finishing with zaino leather for nice smell.. Its so minor, that it wont even be worth having a pro fix it. I have to get over my nit picky condition.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 PM

Thanks again for the help. Have you uncovered any information regarding the magic eraser, I have used it in the past on a car with white leather and the results were absolutely amazing.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 PM

i use zymol cleaner and conditioner, i was using armor all leather protectant but someone told me that armor all products fade and crack the material. is this true or is there another kind of protectant i can use???
Old 01-15-2007, 08:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doctornick,Jan 15 2007, 03:57 PM
i use zymol cleaner and conditioner, i was using armor all leather protectant but someone told me that armor all products fade and crack the material. is this true or is there another kind of protectant i can use???
the rumored problem with armor all was that it contained alcohol, which can dry out vinyl or leather and cause it to crack.
i never saw proof of this, but started using the lexol/ vinylex products many years ago. since then i have also used other products.
my fav for leather is now townsends (you need two products- a cleaner and a protectant)... for vinyl i still like vinylex- also 303 and raggtopp.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:42 AM

The problem with armor all is not actually alcohol, it contains silicones which when put on leather can soften the finish of the leather and cause premature wear. Silicones can also cause the finish to separate from the leather itself if the leather gets too saturated.

Silicones basically just increase the luster of the surface you put them on, they don't do anything to condition or prolong the life of the substrate. A good conditioner will not only moisteurize the substrate, but leave a protective barrier as well that will make subsequent cleanings easier.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:47 AM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002S2K,Jan 16 2007, 05:42 AM
The problem with armor all is not actually alcohol, it contains silicones which when put on leather can soften the finish of the leather and cause premature wear. Silicones can also cause the finish to separate from the leather itself if the leather gets too saturated.

Silicones basically just increase the luster of the surface you put them on, they don't do anything to condition or prolong the life of the substrate. A good conditioner will not only moisteurize the substrate, but leave a protective barrier as well that will make subsequent cleanings easier.
i'm still using the same bottle that you sold to me 3 years ago.

the oil is separated and floating on top...do I just shake it vigorously? is the bottle still good to use?

Quick Reply: Leather care- how clean, treat and/or repair