S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Klasse vs. Zaino - more feedback please

Old 04-01-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Zaino products are priced equally whereever. Sal Zaino does not sell to third parties for resale, so you should probably go to http://www.zainostore.com

Some sites do have some Zaino products leftover from group buys etc, but they may be hit or miss.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by boughtans2k
You use the synthetic for durability/protection and an occasional topper for some pop.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:47 AM

Klasse is German, so it's prounounced Klaah (as in clock) - suh (as in, er, suh.) Accent on the first syllable.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NNY S2k
Old 04-01-2004, 12:00 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Correct, it was the spray. I've also used the paste wax on other vehicles and like you said it works great too. Isn't the S100 paste the same as a more expensive product? I cant think of the name off the top of my head.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:22 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

S100 used to be the same as P21S but supposedly they changed the formula little since then. When I said S100 was kind of like a QD I was referring to the simplicity and speed with which you can get a coat of the S100 Paste on. I have used just the S100 on one of my vehicles quite happily since it was easy to put a coat on once every week or two or three and I wasn't concerned about durability or protection too much since the car is always in a garage when not actually being driven. I have also used just AIO with out Klassse SG and it held up fine this past winter on my truck which is outside when not at my office in the garage. Some people will tell you AIO doesn't hold up with out SG but it lasted 5 months on mine through rain, sleet and snow this winter. Now the truck happily has both AIO and SG on it so it looks even better although I may throw some NXT on it in the next couple of weeks to see if it gives the Blue paint a better look.

Mark
Old 04-04-2004, 04:14 PM

A product for every need. The first big difference between the Klasse and Zaino lines is that if you want to wash and wax your car with the Zaino products, you'll need a minimum of 3 different products - the car wash, a reactant, and the protectant (i.e. wax). With Klasse, you can use the one product (All-In-One) to meet all three needs, should you wish.

Zaino is an all in one. Your not supposed to use wax with zaino. I wondered the same thing and asked Sal Zaino and he strongly recommeded not to do this and that there was not need. Also the zfx is not needed, its only on option for those that want quick cure times to do multiple coats back to back with no wait time
Old 04-04-2004, 06:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by g08h
Old 04-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by Vrm Vrm

Cost conscious? If you are looking for the best value, consider this. The Klasse All-In-One is approximately 17 fluid ounces. If you use one ounce per layer, that's a cost of $1.14 per use. If you use the Z2 and ZFX combination, the cost is $4.13 per use (depending on how much ZFX you use) - almost 400% more per application!

Your comments are a little misleading about Klasse and Zaino. I find Klasse AIO (All in one) to be a decent polish but one without durability as a protectant. I use it in place of Clearkote's Vanilla Moose sometimes. It reduces swirls and oxidation but I wouldn't rely on it to be a protectant. Most detailers recommend topping it off with the Klasse Sealant which then adds expense. The two together give excellent results.

Now on to Zaino. I hardly use a 1/2 ounce when I do my car with only a few drops of ZFX. ZFX isn't needed either... I look at it as a luxury. The expense of these two products is closer than you are leading people to believe.

If you want a cheap but decent polymer try NXT at $14.95 for 18 oz. It has light swirl/scratch filling properties and shines quite nicely.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ubetit

Quick Reply: Klasse vs. Zaino - more feedback please