S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Klasse vs. Zaino - more feedback please

Old 03-31-2004, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, let me start by saying that both Klasse and Zaino are exceptional products, and that I've used both with great success and results.

A product for every need. The first big difference between the Klasse and Zaino lines is that if you want to wash and wax your car with the Zaino products, you'll need a minimum of 3 different products - the car wash, a reactant, and the protectant (i.e. wax). With Klasse, you can use the one product (All-In-One) to meet all three needs, should you wish.

A LOT of products for ONE need. To take that one step further, Zaino requires a bonding process different from any other product I've encountered. First of all, their wax won't stick to the paint without either a "primer" or another chemical added to the wax to make the bond. So, that means that you need to buy a bottle of a product called Z1, which is that primer step, or a kit of ZFX, which is a chemical which you add to the protectant (i.e. wax) in order to make it bond. So you have to take the bottle, squirt in the Z2, then add some drops of ZFX, and shake vigorously. Anything that you mix up but don't use is waste because of the chemical reaction.

Any similarities? Yes, actually. Both being synthetics, they have a lot in common. First, you need only apply about an ounce of product in order to coat the entire car. Also, each product (Z2, Z5, A-I-O or Sealant Glaze) can be layered upon the previous layer to increase the level of protection.

Cost conscious? If you are looking for the best value, consider this. The Klasse All-In-One is approximately 17 fluid ounces. If you use one ounce per layer, that's a cost of $1.14 per use. If you use the Z2 and ZFX combination, the cost is $4.13 per use (depending on how much ZFX you use) - almost 400% more per application!

One thing that was really fun about using Zaino was that I got to spend more time waxing my car, which I thoroughly enjoy. But now that I use Klasse, I have more money for gas, and more time to drive!
Old 03-31-2004, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm? I always thought zfx was to help with drying time not help in bonding .. a pure accelerant..

Klasse seems nice but it's almost too good to be true nowadays, having an ALL in one do what Zaino does ?

I'd like to see some long term tests of zaino vs klasse.. which beads longer ?

I may try klasse one day.. just don't know when ..
Old 03-31-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good thread...
i have never seen a "side by side" of these two, but that would be a great experiment-
(half of the car with each)
Old 03-31-2004, 07:55 PM

It's all right here:

http://www.deckowski.com/albumindex.htm
Old 03-31-2004, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by OC S2K
It's all right here:

http://www.deckowski.com/albumindex.htm
nice post.. i'll continue being the zaino-holic that I am
Old 03-31-2004, 11:56 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I started using Klasse last summer, IMO the ease of use and shine are top notch. The eazy on/off leads to more driving time. Finish off/detail with S100 as needed.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NNY S2k
I started using Klasse last summer, IMO the ease of use and shine are top notch. The eazy on/off leads to more driving time. Finish off/detail
Old 04-01-2004, 04:02 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NNY S2k
Finish off/detail
Old 04-01-2004, 08:05 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

You use the synthetic for durability/protection and an occasional topper for some pop. S100 is nice because it doesn't stain trim and is basically wipe on wipe off kind of like a QD.

Mark
Old 04-01-2004, 08:56 AM

Where can I get Zaino produsts for a good price?

Quick Reply: Klasse vs. Zaino - more feedback please