S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Klasse SG

Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klasse SG

Hi,

I was just wondering how many coats of Klasse SG to put on before I apply my Lusso Oro wax? I was thinking 4-5 coats of the SG?

Also, should I apply the SG, wait a few minutes, wipe off, then wait 24hours before I apply the next coat? Is it ok to wash the car between coats? or will that remove the SG? Can I apply all the coats in the same day? How long should I wait before I buff off the SG? Some say a few minutes, some say a few hours, some save wait over night, or does it not really matter since it bonds really quickly?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 PM

I cannot tell you the exact science, but I can tell you how I layered 8 coats of Klasse last fall (and how i am going to layer 8 coats of Zaino this srping).

1 coat
wait 1 hour
buff
wait 24 hours
detail spray
coat wait 1 hour
buff
wait 24 hours

etc.

Had to pick a clear weather week as my car is a DD. much better than last time when I tried to put 5 coats of zaino on in 1 day. (OMG MY ARM)
Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would say 2 minimum... and beyond that just depends on how much time you have.

you can do 2 and let each cure, then top with the lusso oro...
and next time you wash the car, put on another klasse (or another lusso oro or both!)-
thats how i wound up with 20+ zainos on my car last time i polished it (it had that many when the polish removed them).
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM

^I thought you couldn't put the Klasse SG on top of a wax?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jonanator,Mar 3 2008, 05:24 PM
^I thought you couldn't put the Klasse SG on top of a wax?
i wouldnt do it the same day or even a few days later, but its o.k. after a week or so - the longer the better, but i have never had any issues.

so if you wash at most once a week you are o.k.- or every other week...
wax evaporates- its gone in about 6 to 8 weeks or so (it can go longer in mild weather where the car is indoors a lot). the evaporation begins as soon as you are through buffing.

some guys do more synthetic if its only a week or two out, and synthetic when its over a month... i dont get scientific about it and also have never had any issues.

reminds me of when sal zaino told me not to put wax over zaino cause it wouldnt bind... did it anyway, and the rest is history (its now common practice). i like to experiment. if you dont, they you should prob just put synthetics over synthetics unless you wash your car only every coupla months or so (and actually not kidding- mine can go several months looking freshly detailed- secret = car cover, duster and detail spray and wax over synthetic)
Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 PM

Awesome! If that's the case, I will just put layers of SG and wax on every couple weeks. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:07 PM

best with sg is aio first (klasse aio)...

aio
sg
sg
p21s

hey, just remembered this article which is right on with what you are looking for:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-perfect.html

one of our wacko brothers in that article...
Old 03-04-2008, 04:28 AM

I tried AIO-SG-S100

The SG made no difference. So I stopped using it after the front half of the car. I'm now using that half of the car as a wax durability experiment, lol.

I have a silverstone car so YMMV.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:15 AM

Can I hijack with a question about Wolfgang sealant? I am trying that this year and than topping with Pinnacle caranuba. How many layers of Wolfgang should I apply before the Pinnacle?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 AM

I put on a coat of SG last night and going to put on another coat in a few days, we'll see if I notice a difference.

Quick Reply: Klasse SG