S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Keeping Zaino Beautiful

Old 07-23-2007, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Keeping Zaino Beautiful

Greetings oh ye keepers of the blindingly clean s2000s! Im getting my s2k detailed (buffed, polished, zainoed, clayed) by Yzer this weekend. This will be the cars first taste of zaino and I would like to keep it as immaculate as possible for as long as possible. Any care tips/do's/donts? Thank you!

- Dane
Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 AM

There are no special care instructions for Zaino. It's a sealant like any other. You may want to invest in their "booster" spray Z8 (?) to freshen up the car every couple of weeks. Otherwise, just follow normal care instructions which can be found in the "How To" sticky at the top of the forum.

Happy detailing!!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would put on a coat of p21s next time you wash her...

then i use a duster and detail spray - i like detail sprays that have some protectants in them also.

but, the main secret is the car cover....

my car could easily go 6 months looking brand new if i let it with the cover, dust, detail spray routine-

and final hint is- learn to zaino/detail the car yourself... its fun, you save money and you know exactly what was done to the car.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 PM

seriously .... its zaino.

if you wanted it to look like the day you detailed it ... even 6 months down the road, just wash it and Z6 (quick detail).

BAM! amazing

that is why i love zaino, NO maintenence. just a quick run through the quarter wash
Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Jul 23 2007, 08:28 AM
i would put on a coat of p21s next time you wash her...

then i use a duster and detail spray - i like detail sprays that have some protectants in them also.

but, the main secret is the car cover....

my car could easily go 6 months looking brand new if i let it with the cover, dust, detail spray routine-

and final hint is- learn to zaino/detail the car yourself... its fun, you save money and you know exactly what was done to the car.
Cover cover = check!!

Zaino, to be honest, scares me. Something that epoxy-like in the hands of a noob (i.e. mine) seems like a good way to ruin paint.

I take it the detail spray can be obtained at autopia?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by VorlonDrow,Jul 23 2007, 03:16 PM
Cover cover = check!!

Zaino, to be honest, scares me. Something that epoxy-like in the hands of a noob (i.e. mine) seems like a good way to ruin paint.

I take it the detail spray can be obtained at autopia?
There's no reason to be scared of Zaino! It's definitely not anything like epoxy. It's a paint sealant and they're very easy to use and are NO WHERE near as durable as epoxy. As long as your using an appropriate applicator and buffing cloth, it's almost impossible to screw up.

To get the Z8 you'll need to order it directly from Zaino.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:47 PM

GPWhiteS2kFTW is right on the money. I used Zaino for years and still recommend it to my friends that want a durable, low maintenance sealant that looks great. Buy a bottle of Z6 and wipe the car down semi-regularly, you'll be set for at least 6 months.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:13 PM

I agree with the other suggestions, use either Z6 (which IMO is better for QD) or Z8 (Better for enhancing the look and gloss after a wash).

But above all, make sure and use proper washing/drying techniques so you don't introduce new swirls. Use a quality mild car wash, Z7 if you'd like to stick with Zaino, Megs Gold Class for an over-the-counter good one or else there's any number of quality ones you can get online. Just do a seach here for reviews... oh, and I'd also suggest using the two bucket method for washing, preferably with grit guards.

For the dont's, just stay AWAY from any automatic car washes.

Good luck!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:27 PM

What do you guys recommend for dusting??? Especially you wanabe, since we both have Berlina.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:37 PM

I use an OXO duster during pollen seasons, which is basically the same as a California duster. I wouldn't trust it for gritty dust, so I use it exclusively for pollen. Besides, by the time my car is dusty enough to bother me enough to consider doing something about it, I've got at least a few bug splatters anyway. So I wash it.

Quick Reply: Keeping Zaino Beautiful