S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Just bought Leatherique... questions.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought Leatherique... questions.

Thanks for everything guys -- I found the online shop from the list you guys provided, and made a purchase according to "the guide", now, I have a question.

I bought Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Leatherique Prestine Clean, one being the conditioner and the other one the cleaner.

The guide says to use the cleaner first, then the conditioner; but the site I bought it from, in the details section says to use the Rejuvenator first, then apply Pristine clean -- they obviously have it wrong, don't they?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

havent used leatherique... but i do know that you need to clean leather before your preserve or protect it.

post up the link to the site so we can see what you are reading- someone who knows the product can probably tell whats wrong (and it could be the site has an error which we can get corrected if it is wrong)
Old 10-09-2006, 12:10 PM

Leatherique Pristine Clean
http://store.pakshak.com/leatherique-prest...clean-16oz.html
Use to clean leather after the application of Rejuvinator Oil has done its job and as a maintenance cleaner and detailer on an as needed basis.

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil
http://store.pakshak.com/leatherique-rejuv...r-oil-16oz.html
Prestine Clean is the perfect cleaner to use after each application of Rejuvenator Oil to remove the displaced impurities on the surface of the leather.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

interesting... and their website says the same thing-

let me contact our leather expert (2002s2k) for his thoughts. he will post back here in the next few days.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 PM

They say the oil is used first, then cleaned because its actually not doing much of anything and as I said before, if it is left on the surface it will ruin your clothes...thats why you have to clean off the mess you made before using the seats again.

The product does nothing that a conditioner is supposed to do...

It can soften the finish, causing premature wear, it can ruin your clothes, and it does not moisteurize the leather nor protect it like a good conditioner will. I would personally stay away.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:03 PM

Wow! This is an interesting thread. I'm dumbfounded by the fact that you apply the oil first and then clean the leather afterward. This is the reverse of what you do with every brand of leather cleaner/conditioner I've ever used.

I have read before where 2002S2K (Sean) has said he thinks Leatherique is not a good product. So, I'm not surprised by his comments.

I will say though that Leatherique is a very popular product on most of the detailing boards, but then again there's also lots of guys on there washing their cars with Dawn and cleaning their wheels with Simple Green. So, you can't always put stock in what those guys say.

If you already ordered the Leatherique and don't want to return it then I would use it according to instructions even if they do differ from what is the commonly accepted practice. As Sean says though keep an eye on your clothes and your leather to make sure neither gets ruined.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:52 PM

I've used the product on My M3 , the leather seems to absorb better on it due to the poreous material, however on the S2, the product didn't seem to absorb, I think I may need to "bake" it in more, but I'm not convinced that this product works for my S.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:00 PM

One application is all it takes to make a nice set seats look like trash.

We actually saw this last week on some furniture that was cleaned improperly, 8 seats were ruined and had to be refinished, the cost to fix was over $3000.00
Old 10-09-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by 2002S2K,Oct 9 2006, 03:00 PM
One application is all it takes to make a nice set seats look like trash.

We actually saw this last week on some furniture that was cleaned improperly, 8 seats were ruined and had to be refinished, the cost to fix was over $3000.00

After applying this to my s2 seats and baking it, the seats looked horrible. I seemed that some of the product had absorbed and some parts didn't. Fortunately I was able to fix the look of the seats but it took alot of time.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The name of the product sounds like another BMW BS name for fake leather (leatherette)

Quick Reply: Just bought Leatherique... questions.