S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Interior care!!

Old 06-21-2001, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior care!!

Hey guys ...just got my ride...love it!

Can anyone recommend products to use on the dash..(for protection and shine, UV etc) and also for the leather. I want to protect the leather as much as possible from creases and cracking and make sure its moisturized. What are the best quality products to use for these things and the steering wheel (to clean up the sweat from my fingers..lol).....

Thank you

P.S. im using scotch spray on the carpeting...is this a good/not good idea?
Old 06-21-2001, 02:54 PM

I use the Mequiar's Gold Class Leather Conditioner/Cleaner for the leather, & the ArmorAll Interior Grease-Free Formula (it has UV protection) for the dash (if you wipe it down after applying it, it's not "shiny" like other ArmorAll products).

That's my $0.02.
Old 06-21-2001, 07:00 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i use lexol cleaners...
they make one for leather and one for plastic.
if you want shiny, you use several coats. i usually do just one or maybe two coats.
seems to be pretty good at protection without attracting the dust-
Old 06-22-2001, 12:49 AM

I use Lexol cleaner and Lexol ph balanced leather protectant to replenish the oils in the leather. 303 Protectant to protect the dash. I also put a coat of 303 Protectant over the leather after the Lexol protectant dries. It has UV40 protection and makes the leather seats smoother which would probably help reduce the wrinkles in the leather. Also don't foget to protect the top. 303, Wolfstein's and Porsche have great protectants for that. I use Wolfsteins. One more thing to get is Plexus for the rear window. I just tried it myself and it started clearing the window up while I was applying it.
Old 06-22-2001, 04:42 AM

I also use the Lexol and 303 protectant. 303 does a great job on the plastic and the convertible top. I just used it last night and my top is a great black color now - it looks new.
Old 06-23-2001, 04:01 AM

Just don't use Armor All !!! They have great advertising, but a bad product. It will offer you little long term protection from fading and cracking (may accelerate cracking on some vinyls). The window fogging by the flashing off of solvents/plasticizers is also a big problem.

I recommend 303 protectant for the dash, door panels, etc. Use a good leather conditioner (Lexol, Meguiars, etc) for the seats.
Old 06-25-2001, 02:27 PM

Lexol absolutely rocks for the leather. Have used it on several of my cars to great success.

Am looking for a good vinyl protector. Will have to check out 303.

Anyone know if it is readily available (say Target, Pep Boys and the like)?
Old 06-26-2001, 01:20 PM

I use Lexol for the leather and use Meguiars for the vinyl. I also use the Meguiars stuff on the convertible top too to clean and condition it.
Old 06-27-2001, 01:07 PM

303 Aerospace Protectant can also be used on the back plastic window. It helps prevent the haze that builds up on the inside and also protects the window from yellowing.
Old 06-29-2001, 07:59 PM

Never liked Lexol.

I use Kiwi leather cleaner and conditioner with mink oil. Tough on the mink I think, but good for the leather. I slather that stuff on, rub it in, and buff it out with a cotton cloth.

For the dash, I wash it with a damp cloth and some Orange Citrus cleaner (diluted). I rinse with a damp cloth with water. I finish with Mothers plastic, vinyl protectant.

For the clear plastic instrument cover, I use Plexus.

Quick Reply: Interior care!!