S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

I'm a sonax believer

Old 09-06-2010, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol I am just making a point that more detailed pics back up a product more. A bunch of people are coming into this section and being like omgomgmgogmgogm I <3 armor all rim cleaner its so gooodddd. And I'm all like congratulations you posted a picture of a can of armor all, pics of it actually working?
Old 09-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX,Sep 6 2010, 09:36 AM
Lol I am just making a point that more detailed pics back up a product more. A bunch of people are coming into this section and being like omgomgmgogmgogm I <3 armor all rim cleaner its so gooodddd. And I'm all like congratulations you posted a picture of a can of armor all, pics of it actually working?
Well, since you couldn't do some research online for reviews with pics, this weekend I will post up some pics for you, as I just used it again this morning. On some filthy ass wheels.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by slanguage,Sep 9 2010, 03:16 PM
Well, since you couldn't do some research online for reviews with pics, this weekend I will post up some pics for you, as I just used it again this morning. On some filthy ass wheels.
Perhaps I didn't research because I wasn't interested in this product and the point of this thread was to convince me its a good product? Just saying
Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX,Sep 6 2010, 06:36 AM
Pretty representative of how well Sonax works on very dirty wheels.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=810948

Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point,Sep 10 2010, 06:43 AM

Hmm... Too expensive for my taste and I don't let wheels get that terrible. If I have wheels that bad I'd rather take them off the car and scrub them with cheap old megs wheel brightener to make sure they are clean where the eyes can't see.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point,Sep 10 2010, 06:43 AM

The link actually proves nothing, as the important photos are not there. Namely, the cleaning of the wheel after the spray on application. My guess is that he used a wheel brush and then a pressure washer, a process that one would do for any wheel cleaner. To suggest that this product cleaned the wheel by itself is simply incorrect.

It works well, I know as I just finished a bottle. Will I buy it again, no as there are many others available for less money (think Groits) that clean just as well. The claims being made are way over the top and are really a fashion statement of ‘this years model’.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:17 AM

^^

You obviously didn't read the first paragraph bud!

"These dirty Audi Q7 S-Line wheels (about 1 month of brake dust) were cleaned with Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner (no brushes where used, just a pressure washer and the wheel cleaner). The tires were cleaned up with Adam's APC. After the rims and tires where dry, we applied Prima Nero on the tires for a satin finish. Prima Wheel Armour to them for a durable finish and nice shine".

I use some of Griots products, I started using their products when they started years ago in southern California. They make some good products, but their wheel cleaner is inferior to Sonax!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 AM

Read the thread and think you’re naïve to believe that there was no hand cleaning behind the spokes of that wheel, you ‘ol texas star you, LOL

You also missed the point about Groits or Chemical Guys or…the list goes on.
Groits is twice the volume at half the price, Chemical Guys Diablo Gel concentate is half the price for a 6 to 1 dilution. The difference in perceive ability in no way justifies the price - enough of the hype.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:44 AM

^^

I have no reason to hype Sonax, I just speak from personal experience with a variety of wheels (modern to classic) in a variety of compositions, styles. None of the products you've listed work nearly as well on wheels with sintered metal particles that embed themselves on wheels, especially those using aftermarket/high performance brakes.

By all means use the "cheaper" products if they work for you, and I will use what works for me.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:10 PM

I didn’t know we were talking about an extreme situation, that being brake dust from high performance pads? In that case an extreme product is called for and that would be Megs Wheel Brightener. Use it straight from the bottle and you will see the brake dust dissolve right before you eyes. You may asphyxiate while doing so, but your Sonax doesn’t come close to its cleaning abilities. I exaggerate, but you get the point.

Now, back to what we were talking about, the Audi wheels. If you’re looking for a ‘spray and wash’ I would suggest Brown Royal. Here a link to a comparison test, with Sonax falling on a sword,[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPk7S7AVh_Q [/media]
and another link
,[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa_E8dxx3GM [/media]
to Brown Royal working with only a garden hose spray off. And it’s cheap at $6.99 for 32 ozs of concentrate cleaner. You would have to spend nearly $40 for the comparable volume of Sonax. The problem here is that brand snobs like yourself think it’s too cheap to be effective because of its price- wrong again.

I use Pinnacle myself. At $24.99 its more expensive than Sonax and using you’re implied logic, “cheap” is less effective, in this case, that would be Sonax.

Quick Reply: I'm a sonax believer