S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

I'm a sonax believer

Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a sonax believer

Here's my humble review of Sonax products.

My car is always clean and waxed but I'm far from a pro detailer. For years I've used several different products like Meguiers and Mothers. I started searching for a good wheel cleaner and with some good advice from a few members I decided to check out Sonax. I came across a good deal on a multi pack which included:

SONAX NANO PRO WAX, SHAMPOO, DASHBOARD, and WHEEL CLEANER.

Dashboard cleaner - This was easy to apply and left a nice light matte finish.

Shampoo - I was suprised on how well this stuff works. After a good wash the paint had a nice deep tone to it and looked like it had just been freshly waxed. This can also be used to clean the interior and says it can be used to take out stains. I have not tried this yet, my interior still looks pretty new and was just recently professionally cleaned.

Nano Pro wax - I wasnt quite sure what to expect after an already satisfying wash. The wax was easy to apply and remove. It made the paint look even better. A very nice deep tone and smooth finish. My car probably hasn't looked this good since it was new.

Wheel Cleaner - This was the product I was really wanted to see the results of. Previously I had been using Meguiers wheel cleaner and even though it cleaned pretty well it still took a little elbow grease to get the wheels 100% clean. The Sonax is just spray and wash. I seem to accumulate alot of brake dust and when I sprayed the wheels within minutes the suds had changed to blacken color. After about 3 minutes I sprayed the wheels clean and they looked great. The slight fogging that was there before was gone. It really did seem like the chemicals were not as harsh and the smell kind of reminded me of hair perm solution lol.

I got everything late last night and haven't had a chance to upload pictures but will post them tonight.

cheers
Old 09-02-2010, 09:12 AM

In for pics!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:32 PM

before

the tire spray

Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 PM

washed and waxed

and finally a clean wheel again.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:31 PM

looks good. so no scrubbing of the wheels at all? just rinse?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:47 PM

no scrubbing at all. just rinse.

it even cleaned the lug area which the meguiers never was able to very well.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I require before pics of the wheel. Not a general taken from far away picture of the side.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:52 AM

ok no problem i will take some more on my next cleaning
Old 09-03-2010, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also sold on Sonax. I'll try to get some pictures next time I clean some wheels. I recently ran out so it may be a while (back-ordered).

Last wheel I cleaned, I used p21s. There were some cooked on spots that were just not coming off. You know the ones in the corners where the spokes meet the rims. I sprayed them with the last couple of tablespoons of Sonax and used my little rotary brush on them. They did come off with the Sonax.

On a side note, I use Hawk HP+ brake pads. They dust much more than OEM pads but do not damage the wheels. A while back, I used my wheels and tires on a friends car that has Cobalt pads. The event ended late and tired so I loaded my tires/wheels in the truck and went home. Monday it rained. Tuesday I washed wheel/tires. The dust from the Cobalt pads plus rain makes a corrosive mix. When I washed the wheels the dust had already eaten holes in the clearcoat on my wheels.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Used Sonax wheel cleaner for the first time today. My wheels weren't even that dirty. The formula on the face never turned that dark red, BUT wow, did the barrels and brake parts REALLY clean up!

The 06+ calipers come painted silver from the factory, and they're almost silver again! I couldn't believe it.

Quick Reply: I'm a sonax believer