S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

I woke up with sore hands (with pics!)

Old 06-11-2007, 09:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I woke up with sore hands (with pics!)

Yesterday was my first real detail. I had many swirls and not after it's all clean, more rockchips are visible. My hood needs a respray

Getting on with it,

I used (in order)

Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash
303 Vinyl Cleaner + scrubbing
Porter cable + Poorboy's SSR2.5 (the hard part..for me)
Poorboy's EX-P
Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax
303 Vinyl Protectant.
I don't want to drive it anymore

next time I will put the vinyl protectant on before the paint detail. I had to use quick detailer to remove the overspray on the door
Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pictures?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:24 AM

I still have to polish the exhaust tips and since the black plastic looks dry around the wipers, I have to make it look deep black again. Also, I didn't detail the front bumper at all, no wax, no polish, not even the caranuba spray wax. The front bumper is new and was painted late last week. When is the earliest I can put a layer of wax or sealant on it?

the maxima in the background is what I will be doing tomorrow, it has NEVER been detailed before -- only car washes and turtle wax once every 6 months. Should be interesting. It was purchased new on 6/1/02.

this is my hood: (it took me a few moments to figure what two body panels they are but I realized that's a power line )

Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

excellent!!! very nice red mirror you are driving.

and badge earned- if you want me to hook it up, send me a pm...

i would check with the body shop to find out when you can wax the bumper. you can use a paint safe glaze now- but i would still find out when it can be waxed. we can not tell you when cause we do not know the process that your painter used (they are not all alike). but he knows when the paint has "gassed out".

your 303 protectant is a good product for the plastic part near the wipers that you were describing-

-------
pm recd and badge looks good!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:50 PM

HiPER,

The car looks beautiful, and the reflections and warmth of the car are outstanding.

Can't really tell from the photos, but how well did the SSR 2.5 finish down? I haven't used SSR 2.5 before, but normally I like to finsh down with a white polishing pad and SSR1 to reduce the (minimal) haze on the car after using SSR2.

How did you like the Natty's Paste Wax as a first time user? I've heard folks complain about the application, but it seems that you've got the hang of it.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow. nice reflections. great job
Old 06-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by s98d7fs,Jun 11 2007, 03:50 PM
HiPER,

The car looks beautiful, and the reflections and warmth of the car are outstanding.

Can't really tell from the photos, but how well did the SSR 2.5 finish down? I haven't used SSR 2.5 before, but normally I like to finsh down with a white polishing pad and SSR1 to reduce the (minimal) haze on the car after using SSR2.

How did you like the Natty's Paste Wax as a first time user? I've heard folks complain about the application, but it seems that you've got the hang of it.
Thanks everyone for the comments!

This was the first and only polish I have ever used on any car so I can't compare this polish to others. With that out of the way I used the edge2k pads. I used the green (medium) one and was going to finish it using a lighter cutting pad however I did not feel it was necessary on my car. The SSR2.5 did not leave my car hazy.

I just looked on autogeek's site and Poorboy's advertises that using the 2.5 does not require using a finishing polish and that was a selling point for me. http://www.autogeek.net/pbmsr16.html
[QUOTE]Poorboy
Old 06-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Next time you go through a full detail, I'd give SSR1 w/ a light polishing pad a go. When I'm detailing w/ the halogens out, I can notice a difference in the clarity of my black paint between SSR2 and SSR1. But, in any event, nice lookin' NFR.

I'm sorely tempted to deviate from my S100 as my carnauba topper to Natty's Blue. I'm about out of S100, so my decision time draws ever nearer. I just try not to be one of those folks over on Autopia.org that has 10 different jars of wax .
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

you have IMPRESSIVELY flat paint... Got a good low orange peel job.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:58 AM

wow looks real good. plus I love the front bumper!

Quick Reply: I woke up with sore hands (with pics!)