S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

I met and cleaned my S with the owner of Sports Car Care.com!

Old 05-13-2003, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all started because I wasn't a fan of Zaino products(yet). A friend had shown me the "steps" on his black TT and swore by them a few years ago, but he had so many steps to do(I can't remember why he had so many steps) that it just didn't look like much fun. I also thought the products were more $ than they really are.

So I talked with the owner/president of http://www.sportscarcare.com He is also an S2000 owner and he was nice enough to come over and "educate me" on Zaino products and a few other things. Now I call that SERVICE!

He also showed me this report on 30 or more waxes. The one I have been using is Collinite. It is a good wax and lasts awhile, but it is hard to apply, and take off and isn't the shiniest out there. Well in the article Zaino blew all the others away in that magazine. Collinite did ok. It got a B- (I think) and there was only one A(Zaino) and only a handful of Bs.

In addition, I had some kind of over spray or something on my clearcoat from last fall. I don't know what it was exactly, but my paint felt rough even after waxing it.

After some teamwork and elbow grease my car went from dull and rough to slippery and shiny! Needless to say I threw out all the products I had before and have seen the light! And it didn't cost me my first born to switch over to Zaino. The Zaino stuff REALLY is everything it claims to me. He also taught me how to use a Zaino clay bar and got my car super clean and smooth. We used some stoners products that worked really well too. I'm sure if you want or need help like I did, I'm sure he would be more than happy to help you out too. Just drop him an email.

Thanks Sports Car Care.com!

(P.S. for those who like car products that smell pleasant rather than like harsh chemicals then Zaino is for you! The car soap smells just like Blue Raspberry Slush Puppy from when I was a kid, I wonder if it tastes the same.....naaaa....)
Old 05-13-2003, 03:46 PM

I have been using Zaino for several years, and I think I do a pretty good job, but did the guy from sportscarcare.com have any new tips or techniques?
Old 05-13-2003, 06:22 PM

Zaino rocks! Any new tips and tricks?
Old 05-14-2003, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just recently completed a transaction with sportscarcare and all i can say is WOW - great customer service - excellent prices - and fast shipping..

A+++ for my new Vendor!!
Old 05-15-2003, 05:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jenner
[B]
He also showed me this report on 30 or more waxes. The one I have been using is Collinite. It is a good wax and lasts awhile, but it is hard to apply, and take off and isn't the shiniest out there. Well in the article Zaino blew all the others away in that magazine. Collinite did ok. It got a B- (I think) and there was only one A(Zaino) and only a handful of Bs.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:35 AM

IIRC Zaino was the only A.

P21S did well, but not the best.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:37 AM

Zaino, P21s, Klasse, and Collonite were among the top 5 finishers in the "all around" rankings. All are excellent products. It's like arguing over which of the Baywatch babes are the hottest - the're ALL hotter than what I have waiting at home, dammit!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:01 PM

Zaino was the only overall A - but there were other hi-finishers (depends on whats important to you)

Anyways - I cant believe someone is trying to outservice me . . . that just isnt right -

Where the heck are my loyal customers ? ? ?

As for the "new tips" , well - for some folks all the tips would be new, and for some there is very little to learn.

I recently read a vewry detailed and thorough description from chemical engineer (or somwething like that) as to how he thought zaino worked - and there was an interesting tidbit or two in that about optimum procedures for best results . ..

"I'll be sharing that in a couple of weeks with the 20 or so S2000 owners that Im getting together with for a detail day"

hehehe - hows that for customer service
Old 05-18-2003, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Homer2
Zaino was the only overall A - but there were other hi-finishers (depends on whats important to you)

Zaino received the A- because of its longevity, nothing else compared. But, when it came to looks P21S was the clear winner. P21S finished with an A and Zaino finished with only a B+. A handful of waxes finished ahead of Zaino in the 6 categories in Performance (looks).

If you want looks, use P21S. If you longevity use Zaino. And if you want both .......... do what others on this board swear by, use a Zaino base coat and top it off with P21S or S100.