S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

I lost my virginity...

Old 06-02-2004, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I lost my virginity...

...to Zaino that is.

This weekend was my first time. I traveled up to Toronto where a couple of my friends could help me out. They have been doing Zaino for a long time, and I just knew for me I would get a better end result if I could see it being done, rather than reading the instructions.

I bought my car new back in April of 2002. I have about 23,000 miles on it. My Spa as I call it, has had to live a life between track events, trips to and from the office and weekend romps. I have tried to keep it in very good shape, but when it comes to the track there is only so much you can do...

So, we started early in the morning with a good wash with lots of Dawn. There were some spots that were hard to get clean, but we kept at it.

After the wash we broke out the clay bar. For anybody looking for a deal I say order your clay bar from Groit's Garage, for the price the bar you get is huge. And after the clay bar action we washed the car again, and I must say, this was the first time I ever washed a clean car.

Next came the real surprise, I had no idea I was going to get the Porter-Cable treatment! I am just totally impressed and owe a huge debt of gratitude to Simon. That tool in the hands of a skilled operator took the finish of my car back to the way it looked when it was new. I am still amazed at how completely clean it looks.

Drum roll please. Out comes the Z2 and those little blue drops... Once we got the first coat on, we put the car back in the garage, closed the door and started drinking. The plan was to remove the treatment coat the following morning so it could set over night.

The next morning we wiped it off, and detail sprayed it with Z6. After that we went with another coat of Z2 and then another Z6 application.

I'm still in shock with how good it looks. I can not thank Marco and Simon enough.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

triple-h
good report!
and you did it the right way (to have experienced folks helping you), and you also had a couple of great detailers helping you out!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:37 AM

Thanks wanabe.

And I have to admit, if I asked once I must have asked a dozen times "are you sure that is enough on there?"

Old 06-02-2004, 09:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
Thanks wanabe.

And I have to admit, if I asked once I must have asked a dozen times "are you sure that is enough on there?"
Old 06-02-2004, 10:00 AM

Yes, I had some extraordinary helpers. I'm not sure yet about a topper, I'm just going to keep going with the Z2 and the Z6 for a while.

Now, want to see something funny? I did all this work at The Dark Leader's house. Simon is The Man behind the Porter-Cable. The Dark Leader is the guy in the background running the tamper; he was working on the moat he is building around his castle...

Old 06-02-2004, 10:07 AM

simon knows that machine well-
hope dark leader puts in a draw bridge, so you can get back to the castle for the next detail!!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Triple-H
The other thing I noticed, is he likes rubbing his car!

I would finish a whole side (removing Zaino) and he would still be rubbing the same panel...

It would have taken him 3 days to get one coat off at his rate...
Old 06-02-2004, 10:12 AM

Let's not get Triple-H too excited..

I did not want to put the s100 nor ps12 topper on as I really wanted the zaino to cure.. then have Triple-H add another a few more coats , let that cure.. before we expose him to the world of the carnuba topper..

s2ksimon
Old 06-02-2004, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Triple-H
The Dark Leader is the guy in the background running the tamper; he was working on the moat he is building around his castle...
yep...that was me...anyone want any dirt?????

Free to a good home .....
Old 06-02-2004, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by wanabe
simon knows that machine well-
hope dark leader puts in a draw bridge, so you can get back to the castle for the next detail!!
Wanabe, it was awesome.. I wish you could have been there..

I had one Orange Pad going with SMR, my other Orange Pad going with FCC as some swirls were deeper requiring it..
I had a good time seeing the results..

Now to do it on Matrix's Berlina.. OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee !!!

Quick Reply: I lost my virginity...