S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

i got a deep, wide scratch last night

Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got a deep, wide scratch last night

so last night i decided to take my first drive down mulholland highway (im sure you LA people will know where that is), and came around a right turn when i saw rocks in the road and wasn't able to slow down enough before i went threw them. 1 must have come off my front left tire and hit the drivers side door as i heard (and felt) a loud bang.

so when i get to a point where i can stop, i check it out and there is a very big scratch near the bottom back side of the door. the scratch is about 6 inches long, half inch wide at its widest point, and if i had to guess it dents in about a half inch. it is definitely down to the metal. when i get a chance i will post a pic.

so my question was, does anybody have any idea what this will cost to fix? what do you think is the likely fix by a body shop/dealer? if it is something ridiculous, i am not completely opposed to just having it clean up and painted over with touch-up paint, just because sadly money is a bit tight these days (im a student). i sent a message to the santa monica honda dealer asking them basically the same thing i asked here, but was curious if it would be a lot cheaper going elsewhere, and what your experience is.

on a happier note, mulholland was an awesome drive, probably one of my favorite roads ive driven on, sadly this will make me hesitate to do it again, but im sure ill get over it. whats the point of a great car if you dont take it to back roads where it was designed to be driven?

thanks for any thoughts,
Ryan Davis
Old 10-15-2007, 07:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ryan- if its dented, its not likely something you can fix easily -
hard to guess cost- body shops are all over as to price.
thry will pull the dent if they can, sand it and do a few coats then make sure they clear coat. cost also depends on whether you make them do the entire door, as some of us would insist-
btw- you could try it yourself if you want and we can help. nothing to lose if you plan on taking it in anyway. if you mess up, just take it in-