S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How often do you wash your S ....

Old 12-12-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often do you wash your S ....

Well i do every tuesdays .... take 2 hours
Old 12-12-2008, 08:52 AM

Depends on how dirty it gets, or what lands on it, pollen, bird shit, if i just came back from the beach, salt, road grime bugs, etc... . in general once a week.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:01 AM

Do yourself a favor.. every night, spend 15 mins. MAX and get a good quick detailer, and a REALLY good MF towel DD Uber Plush I would recommend (better than the normal uber's). And every night, wipe the car down, including the wheels (with a diff. mf of course!). This way, you'll never have to wash you car, except when it needs to be polished.

Don't believe me? I'll personally pay you back for the QD and MF towel's if you think it doesn't suffice.

Me personally? Well, I have a foam cannon and pressure washer,and since I'm lazy, and busy, my car gets foamed twice a month. I let the foam dwell, and let the gravity pull the dirt off.. then I just pressure wash everything clean, dry the car.. and Done! takes me about 1 hr from set up to take down.

Good luck
Old 12-12-2008, 09:09 AM

Dealer washes and dries my car for free every Saturday. I go every other week or so, but not during the winter.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by nfty,Dec 12 2008, 11:09 AM
Dealer washes and dries my car for free every Saturday. I go every other week or so, but not during the winter.

If we tell you exactly how to wash your car, would you promise to not take it to the dealer ever again?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by nfty,Dec 12 2008, 01:09 PM
By hand I hope.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Dec 12 2008, 10:22 AM

If we tell you exactly how to wash your car, would you promise to not take it to the dealer ever again?
my thoughts exactly
Old 12-12-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Dec 12 2008, 12:22 PM

I'd consider it, since it is a black car, but then again it also depends how time consuming it is

They do wash and dry by hand, I'm not too concerned though.

Here's a typical example: last time a brand new 911 turbo was two cars in front of me (also black).

I saw his car afterwards in direct sunlight and was pleased, no swirly swirls or anything
Old 12-12-2008, 11:00 AM

Usually once a week, sometimes once every two weeks--all depending on how dirty my S2K gets. She is less than a daily driver but much more than a garage queen.

I have not adopted a daily quick detailing routine. I haven't learned yet how to do it without instilling swirls. I tried to do it after I had had buffed out last summer, but it didn't take long before I found swirls in the hood and trunk lid. I have better towels now, so I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about it, but ... for the moment, less touches the better.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by nfty,Dec 12 2008, 12:11 PM
I'd consider it, since it is a black car, but then again it also depends how time consuming it is

They do wash and dry by hand, I'm not too concerned though.

Here's a typical example: last time a brand new 911 turbo was two cars in front of me (also black).

I saw his car afterwards in direct sunlight and was pleased, no swirly swirls or anything
Read my post above. You'll almost never need to wash the car if you just wipe it down once a day. Also, lets see sun pics of your car.. I bet there's "Swirly swirls" if you take it ot the dealer. I'm sorry, it's just true. I was a lot attendant at a dealer a while ago, and I knew what we washed cars with.. Never again, will I take my car to a dealer unless it has major issues. I even learned how to work on my own cars to stop the problems for even occuring in the first place to warrant me going to the dealer. .

Please, create a new thread asking how to properly wash your car, and with less than $100 and ordering today, you can get A LOT of stuff from Phil at DD and be in GREAT shape for at least 6 months. I know you get it for free.. but I just can't stand knowing someone does this!!!

Quick Reply: How often do you wash your S ....