S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How Often Do You Plexus!

Old 07-20-2004, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Often Do You Plexus!

I plexus her every night I use the top(right now 6 times a week) Just a few sprays. Then every 3-4 days I do a good cleaning of plexus of the whole window and that is the only way shes goign to stay clean and clear visibility. Maybe its overkill but every time I use the top I get like stains? or smears from the window resting on each other. It rubs off with a towel and def is off with plexus so I just said hey 5 min a day to keep a window clean is worth it. Try it guys my window does have the usual small wrinkles and the damn crease but hey its not bad and my window otherwise is pretty clear day or night and very soft. If you love your S you'll do this!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. you dont need to plexus that often if you take care of the top and window- mine is plexused maybe 4 times a year (but my top is almost always under the boot)...

2. what you really need is to roll up a very soft towel and put it on the outside of the window before you put the top down. and use some sort of mat on the tray on the inside where the top rests when its down. i use a muz mat for that.

my 4 year old window looks brand new.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:21 PM

I have a perm soft towel for the underside but again I'd rather plexus her alot than use the towel on the outside. It beats the purpose of not having to get out of your car if you have the towel ya know? In my opinion (dont take it to seriously) I think it looks silly to get roll your top half way walk out and drop a towel in. Then once you roll it back out the towel looks silly on the outside. The towel also has to be in the perfect position because sometime if I try that I still get smearrrs. Plus its like waxing your car. It feels good knowing your making her all shiny etc. I dunno its only 11 bucks a can and lasts for a month or more. Wow 4 times a year? I'd go crazy if she wasn't polished with plexus for more than 3 days....
Old 07-21-2004, 08:14 AM

I use Plexus as least once a week. I use it more if it rains.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Jul 20 2004, 09:21 PM
I have a perm soft towel for the underside but again I'd rather plexus her alot than use the towel on the outside. It beats the purpose of not having to get out of your car if you have the towel ya know? In my opinion (dont take it to seriously) I think it looks silly to get roll your top half way walk out and drop a towel in. Then once you roll it back out the towel looks silly on the outside. The towel also has to be in the perfect position because sometime if I try that I still get smearrrs. Plus its like waxing your car. It feels good knowing your making her all shiny etc. I dunno its only 11 bucks a can and lasts for a month or more. Wow 4 times a year? I'd go crazy if she wasn't polished with plexus for more than 3 days....
i know its just an opinion...
but i also like the way the towel keeps the window from creasing, which plexus can not do.
prob doesnt bother me cause i dont top up very often.
there are commercial products that you can buy to put on the window instead of a towel. (not trying to change your mind, just posting this for future searchers).

i am a detail addict, so i understand your love of plexus!!