S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How do you remove those dealer stickers?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you remove those dealer stickers?

I bought a new car and has that stupid dealer sticker on the back.
Can I use googone and hair dryer to get it off? I don't think I can use dental floss since it's a thin sticker. I guess I have to carefully peel it off with my fingers?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on what type it is...

The vinyl stickers are very easy. You can gently get a corner with your fingernail and peel from there. Though it's best done when warm. A paint cleaner will easily remove any residue.

The solid ones are a bit trickier. I've used fishing line and some sort of handle (like a thick dowel, nothing sharp that could scratch the paint if it accidentally came in contact) with great success. Just wrap some fishing line behind that logo and around the 'handle.' As you pull straight out and create more of a gap, feed some more fishing line in there and around the handle. It's also good the get the glue warmed up. I've used a hair dryer for this. Those that I've pulled off never left much reside that a paint cleaner couldn't easily handle, but others have suggested goo gone.

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:42 AM
TJF

Originally Posted by 00CivicSi,Oct 18 2007, 10:37 AM
It depends on what type it is...

The vinyl stickers are very easy. You can gently get a corner with your fingernail and peel from there. Though it's best done when warm. A paint cleaner will easily remove any residue.

The solid ones are a bit trickier. I've used fishing line and some sort of handle (like a thick dowel, nothing sharp that could scratch the paint if it accidentally came in contact) with great success. Just wrap some fishing line behind that logo and around the 'handle.' As you pull straight out and create more of a gap, feed some more fishing line in there and around the handle. It's also good the get the glue warmed up. I've used a hair dryer for this. Those that I've pulled off never left much reside that a paint cleaner couldn't easily handle, but others have suggested goo gone.

Good luck!
I second both of these methods. On both, heating up th adhesive is key. Once the sticker is off, I generally use goo gone or P21S cleaner on the rest of the adhesive and then polish the area with an orbital buffer and a very mild polish.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 AM

Dealer logos on the car are the WORST. I always tell them "if you put your logo on my new car you'll have to find me a new one because I won't take it."

I had a friend many years ago who bought a new Camaro (the last body style) when it first came out. The dealer put his logo on it even though he asked for them not to. On top of that it was a plastic emblem with two posts on the back that they drilled holes into the car to mount - similar to how the "H" Honda emblem attaches on the front and back of the S2K.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM

thank god mine is the sticker. HEW~